Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged twice by Klarna for the upgrade programme

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 02:12 PM)
sebsal123
Explorer
Options

I recently upgraded through the upgrade programme. Samsung have confirmed my old phone has been accepted for return but havent told klarna so im now being charged for both the old phone and new phone

Klarna tell me samsung need to confirm with them that they've received the phone back. Problem is i cant get hold of anyone at samsung to help me with this. Online chat directs me to a phone number as they cant help. The customer services people dont seem to know what im talking about.

This has always been automatic and straight forward in previous years. Any idea how to get this sorted?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi did you send the phone back to Samsung with a tracking number or without a tracking number, reason being it helped me, when I sent my phone back S10, 5 days after Samsung sent me an email & text saying they still haven't received my phone, which with tracking should have arrived the next day, I explained this & gave them the tracking number to which I'd be covered because Samsung can't deny receiving the phone, so I wouldn't be charged an extra £300 for not sending in my trade in as agreed.
Can be sorted out with a tracking number or receipt from the post office when you sent it.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Klarna should be avoided at all costs, they are charging people for items they have not ordered, basically adding orders from others to the wrong accounts. The financial ombudsman in the UK is currently investigating them.
0 Likes
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
Samsung have already confirmed they received the old phone, so they should have closed with klarna
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
can't avoid them on the upgrade programme. this one is down to Samsung not informing them they've received the old phone
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
So Samsung are using Klarna specifically then, oh dear...
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Well you should have an argument, they record all their calls plus you should of received a reference number for the confirmation of them receiving the handset, hopefully they will reimburse your payment to klarna, hopefully.
0 Likes
Philurry
Apprentice
Options

Can you tell me if they sent you one or did you arrange to send it back yourself? 

I have emailed Samsung support because I haven't been sent a recycle pack - but when filling out the forms for the S21, I was asked about the condition of the phone I'm trading in, which is why I would have expected a recycle pack by now.    I've been charged for both old and new device (obviously, I have both and this is just a timing issue). 

They haven't responded yet and I can't get through on the phone (live chat doesn't seem to work for me either, does nothing when clicked).

0 Likes
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
I got the pack from Samsung with a prepaid label, tracking number from the post office, then an email to confirm they'd received and accepted the trade in
0 Likes
Philurry
Apprentice
Options

Thanks - looks like something has gone awry with my order then as this is the 3rd time I've upgraded and the previous times they've always sent a recycle pack.  I'll see if they finally respond to my email.

0 Likes