Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery.

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 07:04 AM)
Jbez66
Journeyman
Options
I've  got  s21.   I  take  fone  off  charge  100% .  Within  10  minutes my  battery  down  to  93%   what  can  anyone  suggest  I  can  do  to  save  battery???
8 REPLIES 8
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried the following:

power saving mode on
Location off
Extra dim on
Brightness medium
Put applications you don't use all the time to deep sleep

Put apps you use daily to sleep

Give that. Try for a day see how you get on
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, 

In addition to the things mentioned by @sarasphotobox,

Have you checked the battery using Diagnostics?

You will find it in Settings > Battery and Device care > Diagnostics 

Also in Battery and Device care, click on Battery and then on View details. It will show you the screen time and the apps that have used battery. If the usage is unexpected, you could limit background usage and put apps to sleep.

Jbez66
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. My s10 was just as bad too. M u hubby has a70 and won't upgrade cos the battery on that is amazing. He listens music at home wile working at home. Plays games galore. Candy n pool. And seriously his battery cud go down 20% after allday.
Jbez66
Journeyman
Options
So I've gone dark mode. Took theme off . Clicked 5g off. Brightness is always sorta halfway. See wot happens.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check your permissions manager for locations and also background data.

Also sync errors.
0 Likes
Jbez66
Journeyman
Options
Thanks but where do I find background data and sync errors ??
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Settings connection data usage

Check both for mobile and WiFi which apps are running in the background.

Normally fb is the main culprit.

Sync errors you have to check manually in each app settings like mail apps ,contacts or gallery etc.

Also is it happening after installation an app?

If nothing works best to do a reset in worst case scenario.
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
My S10 is 3 year's old now and drop's like a rock from 100%. I went and checked in Diagnostics the other day and my battery is on a slow painful 'weak' death mission.. 🙄 ☹️ yey for my S21+ arriving in about 4hrs.. I'll then be in DnD for days setting it all up 😂 giving the S10 to my son and he's gonna get it repaired by Samsung doorstep 👍 Pretty cheap option's to repair and my phone is in really good condition other than the battery.. Finally draaaagging him back from the dark 🍏 side lol I also have an old A3 and that things amazing at absolutely everything!!Screenshot_20221018-074904_Samsung Members_268226_1666075745.jpg