Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 02:36 AM)
Snakeshot
Explorer
Options
My phone (s21 ultra) has pathetic battery life im loosing 38 percent on power saving in like 2 hours of usage is that normal and is there a fix to it??
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Snakeshot 

Can you clarify what if any troubleshooting guides you've tried ?

A phone's battery will decline over time due to amount of times it is charged and discharged however unless your battery has developed a fault that amount of loss seems excessive.

First look in your Battery and Device Care to see what's using the battery in regards to apps and if one seems high in percentage then take some action.

If you wish charge the phone to 100% and then use the phone normally as you would do until it reaches approximately 15% and then in the Battery and Device Care Section tap on Battery to show the apps and then screenshot that whole page with also using the scroll capture option to catch all the apps and include the top status bar of the phone and post your results here so we can get a handle on what's going on. 👍

Also use the Optomise Button as this can help.

Other generic troubleshooting guides are >

• Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.
  • If any apk files / apps sourced this way are being used then consider removing them.
  • Delete any downloaded themes for now 
  • Your phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.
  • Last resort is back up and factory reset.
  • A Samsung Service Centre can assess the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "