Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 08:32 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
At some stage this year I am probably looking to upgrade my S20 and for only one reason the battery life is very average, its not awful but having had an iPhone 11 Pro for a little while the s20 struggles to make it till bed time. I would rather be phoneless than  go back to iphone so it leaves me with samsung. Out of the s21 + and ultra which one should offer better battery life? And would it give me all day? My iPhone 11 pro would get me 8-9 hours soc with loads of standy. My s20 gets me 5-6 soc with some standby. I know the ultra has a bigger battery but the plus has less to power, not sure if that would make a difference? I do prefer smaller phones but willing to have a large one in exchange for better battery.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
p.s if there is any other samsung phones you can recommend with decent battery it doesn't have to be an S21 series
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Here are some tips to make your battery better:

First tip, always keep dark mode on if thats fine with you, secondly, go to settings, then go to connections, go to more connection settings and turn off nearby device scanning because it uses a lot of battery in the background, and the third tip is to uninstall any apps that you don't use because the less apps there are, the less battery that will be wasted in the background. Before I changed all these settings on my s20 plus, the battery would last about 6.5 hours but now I have changed the settings, the battery gives me about 9 to 10 hours before it dies which is a huge improvement. Please use these tips and you will have a much longer lasting phone and battery. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
thank you very much for your help, would screen setting do you use? I use WQHD at 60 hz
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I use FHD+ at 120hz as I can't really tell the difference between FHD+ and WQHD+
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I think you should use FHD+ with 120hz but if you dont want 120hz then you can use 60hz FHD+
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
no problem, always happy to help
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
might give it try and see what's its like I only use WQHD as I watch lots of video when I must admit when I mess with it in the settings it doesn't seem to make much difference
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Definitely give it a try and please let me know if the battery life gets better.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
s21 ultra