Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life poor since latest sw update on s21

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 11:49 AM)
StevenC1888
First Poster
Options
Used to last days, massive difference and no apps draining, I constantly check device optimisation. Defo since latest update in s21
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Nas88
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to hear that. I'm on the s21 ultra but fortunately haven't noticed a difference in battery life. Still just as good as it was before. Did you try clearing the cache after the software update?
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Just to be clear is this the Feb update we are talking about? If so then I havent had any problems either. I use s21 on exynos. I havent had the March update on my phone yet.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My February update didn't arrive March.
0 Likes
Pubbaa
First Poster
Options

I'm facing this issue too... yesterday night i updated to 4.1 , now it's draining super quick...used to last 2 days with my usage pattern but now 50% gone under 6 hours. 

S21 ultra user here.

0 Likes
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
Same problem as well since the last update one UI 4.1 draining very quickly.
0 Likes
ArtemKurbanov
First Poster
Options

Same Issue, I fully charge it in a morning, and until the end of working day it drain till 80%. Phone just stays on a table, I didn't use it for whole day.

Battery drain appears after April 25, 2022 update 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ArtemKurbanov: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing battery issues with your Galaxy S21 following a recent update. To troubleshoot the issue, please charge the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches 50%, then head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph. Are any apps or features listed below that are using an abnormal amount of battery? If so, please tap on the relevant app/feature > Limit Usage (via the bottom of the screen), and place it in Sleeping or Deep Sleeping apps, depending on your preference. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
ArtemKurbanov
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply @AndrewL,

The funny thing, no, there no abnormal consumption of battery from any app. 

Last night before sleep i had 50% (00:00), i close all apps, optimize battery, and when i wake up it was 38% (7:15) battry lose 18%, the battery graph shows nothing, like no app in use or abnormal consumption.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @ArtemKurbanov ,

that is really odd. Do you leave the phone on during the night? If so, are Wi-Fi or Bluetooth enabbled? Are you in an area with good coverage?

0 Likes