Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life on 5g.... Brilliant.

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 06:40 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Update: Battery drain is negligible, it's as same as 4g. Happy bunny here.

Hi

Would love to know those who use 5g network if you have seen any variance in battery life between 4g and 5g?

I'm in the UK so just got the 5g sim so will see how it goes.

Working day I normally end up with 70% on battery life left by 6pm. 

So let's see how it goes on 5g.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe you should make a post about your configurations 😁
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I actually have 😂 here it is:
I wrote it as a guide so that people can apply it to any phone.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/tips-to-prolong-battery-life-and-battery-he...
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interesting Post.
So what is your SOT in a full 100% to say 20% or 0% in one go without charging in between?

I am presuming you are getting such a High SOT on the note 10 because of charging in between.
The S21 Ultra can do 8-10 SOT without charging in between.
Obviously depends how you use it as gaming eats more battery.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
No, SoT doesn't include charging. That would be ridiculous if I was running about telling everyone i get 10 hours SoT but I was charging my phone in between 😂
The guide i showed an example of a typical day of frequent charging. When i test my SoT probably once a week or 2, i charge up to 100,then drain it down to 20%.
I get 8-10hours from 100-0. Well technically i get 8 hours from 100-20 then i assume that the last 20% i could get 1-2 hours. So i call it 8-10.

If i was charging in between then that wouldn't be SoT relating to battery life. My actually SoT usage can be over 12 hours a day, but my battery SoT is 8-10hours.

Btw in that post i said i get 6-9hours, that was before android 11, since then its gone up to 8-10, that's mixed usage, YouTube, gaming, browsing, etc... That's why it varies from 8-10
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Voila!

Screenshot_20210510-032423_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nice.. I guess you don't do gaming or YouTube, Instagram , fb which drain battery more.
Still very impressive.
At the end I guess it depends on user usage pattern.
Also screen brightness makes a big impact I have noticed.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
There was IG usage, about 45mins, and about 1hr of YouTube, but the battery usage for that was low so its lower on the list, i didn't screenshot the whole list. I use YouTube vanced, which may be why my YouTube app doesn't drain so much.
My brightness is always at exactly 50%

Screenshot_20210510-161953_Device care_58548.jpg