Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life on 5g.... Brilliant.

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 06:33 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Update: Battery drain is negligible, it's as same as 4g. Happy bunny here.

Hi

Would love to know those who use 5g network if you have seen any variance in battery life between 4g and 5g?

I'm in the UK so just got the 5g sim so will see how it goes.

Working day I normally end up with 70% on battery life left by 6pm. 

So let's see how it goes on 5g.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
5G does use significantly more battery power I've noticed unless I'm streaming Netflix or YouTube or anything I usually keep my phone on 4G+
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I have a Note 10+ 5G, and i live in a 5G area in Manchester, so im usually always connected to 5G. Ive noticed no difference in battery life at all, i get 8-10hours SoT, with everything turned on, wifi always on, Bluetooth, nfc, its all turned on always.
I can also add that i am a power user, i eat through 200GB of mobile data a month, that's all on 5G. I think if anyone would notice a difference it would be me 😂

If there is a difference between 4G and 5G, its miniscule, and you won't notice it without scientific testing, it would be something ridiculous like 0.5% or less, there really is no perceptible difference.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How much difference would you say it makes if you keep it full day on 5g?
I will check tomorrow.
If I am still left with 70% by 6pm then that will be brilliant.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
200gb a month!!! What network are you on?
Don't you use WiFi?

Good to know it doesn't have that much of effect on battery life.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Im on Three mobile, have been on their unlimited sim only contracted for the last 8 years, 20 quid a month, unlimited everything, data, texts, even hot-spot.

Yh 200GB 😂, and thats only the data on my phone, total Internet usage including WiFi i rack up nearly 1TB per month, i have to use virgin business broadband at home to keep up 😂. I use WiFi at home, but most of my data usage on my phone is away from home.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I tried a full cycle with 5G only, I got around 9h SoT.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shazzkid  That is impressive battery life on Note 10 Plus for a Power user 😀, good deal with  Three too!   Logically would have thought that 5G is more of a power hog but something that may change over time with adaptations. https://www.phonearena.com/news/5G-battery-life-impact-4G_id123323 

part of the issue is if it is challenging to find a strong signal  , in ideal circumstances 5G  can actually reduce battery usage. https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-5g-drain-battery/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So I have had my 5g sim whole day today and pretty happy as my battery life has remained the same as on 4g.

I normally don't use the phone that much when at work , but there hasn't been any erratic battery drain even on standby.

Quiet pleased for the moment.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yh its fantastic battery life! It shows the Note 10+ has true potential if you configure it properly.
0 Likes