Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life - July 2022 update

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 11:09 AM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ok .

So my Battery life seems to have improved a bit with the July update after taking a nose dive from the May update.

Below is on WiFi at home whole day with gaming and stuff.

I have noticed since the may update that 'google play services seems to be using a lot of battery and I have seen this on most of the screenshots people are posting.

Samsung please fix this.

Please note :

I ran my phone to 0% charged to 100% and now will run down to Zero and see if it holds the battery.

12 REPLIES 12
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Mine hasn't and I think it's Always on Display that's the problem , I've turned that off and battery is now how it used to be , Always on Display is top of the list for battery usage
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never used it .
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
What is your display brightness set at? That plays an important role in battery life. Apart from gaming and those other power hungry apps listed.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine is All auto or adaptive except power saving mode.

With Auto power saving mode probably get more but then it reduces to 60 htz and turns 5g off.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I use the adaptive brightness setting on my A53 5G too. I'm impressed at how good adaptive brightness has got with my A53. I never would use it on previous handsets as it was quite shocking in deciding what brightness levels to use.
I hope your phone's battery improves even more with future software updates.
I could say to get rid of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and you'd be amazed at the battery life then. I understand though how popular those apps are to people 👍🏻
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately can't get rid of Facebook or Instagram.

Only block them, so I just use them .

I have blocked auto video loading on FB so that may help a bit.

Also under app permissions I have only kept a few apps for locations and most apps don't have background data.
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Are you sure you have the July update? My s21 ultra is still on the June update (uk unlocked and carrier free).
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I changed CSC to DBT Germany. As it gets updates faster.

The July update is already out.

UK is normally 2-3 weeks behind.
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
OK.thanks for the info!
0 Likes