Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life is this normal

(Topic created on: 11-05-2021 11:55 AM)
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Hi. I have a s21 ultra. Can you guys see the screenshot below and advise if this is normal for battery usage. Mixture of data and WiFi usage.

11 REPLIES 11
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I use Samsung browser rather than chrome.
Chrome seems to use alot of battery
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Yes iv heard this. Would this be the cause of the above battery drain. Iv seen some people get 7 hours of SOT?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
7 hours is kind of the minimum SoT I'd get from my phones usage, typical is more like 10h. Your Chrome does appear to be consuming a lot of power. Mine only recently started pulling a lot of power too and I'm not exactly sure why.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I get around 8-10 hours sot,but it all depends what you are doing on your phone really.
There are some things you can change to improve battery:

1)dark mode
2) partition cache wipe after each update.
3)change from 5g to 4g network
4)turn off nearby scanning
5)turn off printer scanning
6)put apps you don't use alot in deep sleep

There are other things but I can't remember them 😅.
But like I said I get 8-10 hours sot and that's with wqhd and 120hz on.
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
I've done all that apart from 2 and 3. Although I'm at home most of the time so even with 5g on it shouldn't drain the battery as I'm on WiFi. Mainly YouTube, apple music and Web browsing. I have switched to Samsung Internet to see if that makes a difference
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It looks like you have been listening to alot of music in the back ground, my phone which is s20 4000mah can achieve up to 7 hours sot but on a bad day with listening to music location tracking using a bit of maps it may only do 2 hours sot so it depends what you are doing everyday but I know music slowly but surely sips away at it. I use YT music and it's a battery hog
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Number 2 on your list is very important if not essential.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have heard about this why is it so important?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The main reason is that old cache files can become corrupt and cause app or system problems. It can improve storage space, too.