Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life is shocking.

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 12:09 PM)
MrMNEK
Explorer
Options
Hello. 

Received my S21 Ultra day of release so I've had it a couple of weeks and the battery life is still shocking. I have to charge it at least twice a day, surely this isn't correct? I've done all the settings, closed down apps etc but still the same. Can anyone help?? Thanks.
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
I have the exynos version, and while the first few days were shocking, I now am VERY happy with battery life.
Lukeb1
Pioneer
Options
add some context. is your screen permanently on or rarely on? you say charge twice a day, is that from flat or are you charging at 50%? if your barely using the phone and your having to charge it twice a day then contact Samsung because it will definitely have an issue
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

One question.  Did you use Smartswitch to synchronise all of the previous information, messages, apps etc from your last phone ?  

If so then see my previous post... it has made an amazing difference to my S21 ultra.   Other users have also reported large improvements...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/for-all-the-users-suffering-battery-life-issue...

It is my belief that although many of the apps seemingly work from previous android version, they are causing issues.   If you want to see a major improvement then this requires doing a factory reset of the phone, use a backup method to sync your important contacts and calendar etc... and install all the apps individually again through the store. 

I know it is a pain...but the difference of a clean image is a massive improvement.

Smiley.     

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Case1188
Voyager
Options
I have the s21ultra exynos chip, and to be honest, the battery life is amazing, almost two days with moderate usage, I can't believe so many people are having battery issues with the s21 series.
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
I agree and luckily I saw your other post so set my phone up as you recommended. Battery life fine and no overheating with WQHD+ and 120hz. I use dark mode too to save some battery.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have exynos version,I get anywhere between 9-11 hours sot with 120hz and wqhd+.
I find the battery life is pretty awesome for my s21 ultra.
the only real battery drainage I get is when doing video calls on whatsapp, lose about 15-20% for an hours call.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Here are some tips from me:

• Keep Dark Mode on at all times if you don't mind.

• Go to Settings, then Connections, go to More Connection Settings and turn Nearby Device Scanning off (it wastes a lot of battery).

• Uninstall any unused apps, it will save memory and reduce the background battery drain.

• Use a darker wallpaper if possible.

• Turn off NFC, Wifi, Bluetooth and etc when you aren't using them as it will save lots of battery.

Please let me know if you see better battery life on your phone after you use these tips. Hope this helped!
danmidd
Voyager
Options
that's probably why I don't have issues with the battery I love dark mode
pidney
Student
Options
mine is incredible, lasts easy 35 hours with high usage before needing charged
0 Likes