Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life draining fast and phone overheating s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 05:24 PM)
abid4566
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys for some reason my phone has been draining battery insanely fast like within 3 hours it will be from 100% to 5% and it overheats for no reason even when I barely use the phone it goes to near 50 degrees and feels like it's been in the sun 
11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you looked at the device care to see if it highlights any problems??
But there are a few things you could try , turn off bluetooth and WiFi if not used, turn off the adaptive brightness, and set it that suits you. Also, do you have enhanced processing enabled? If so turn it off.
0 Likes
abid4566
Pioneer
Options
Yes I've checked and it says it's fine and even says I should be getting around 9 hours of battery life. I've done all those things you mentioned but what is enhanced processing where do I access that?
0 Likes
Ads
Pioneer
Options
To be fair, WiFi and Bluetooth shouldn't be the cause of a battery drain that severe. It sounds more like an app is draining your battery in the background.
Go to Settings - Battery & Device Care - Battery and scroll down and see what apps are using your battery the most. If nothing looks out of the ordinary then backup your stuff and do a factory reset - any conflicts usually get resolved this way.
abid4566
Pioneer
Options
Nothing looks out of the ordinary but I've realised In the recent weeks whenever I use Snapchat to call someone my phone gets super hot and my phone drains battery really fast as in 100%-20% within around 2 hours of use whilst on Snapchat call
Ads
Pioneer
Options
Looks like you've found your issue then! Try uninstalling and reinstalling Snapchat and if that doesn't work then I would totally avoid using Snapchat for calls, not just because of the battery drain, but you may end up damaging components within the phone due to the temperatures being generated.
0 Likes
abid4566
Pioneer
Options
I've uninstalled and installed already didn't resolve anything but a friend of mine has the same phone as me (s21 ultra) and he doesn't have the same issue but yeah sounds like I might have to just avoid calling people on snapchat
0 Likes
Ads
Pioneer
Options
If your friend has the same phone and no issues, then it might be worth trying to wipe the partition cache and to see if that helps. If not, I'd try a factory reset (after backing up all your stuff first) - sounds like a pain in the bum, but it may well fix the problem and prevent the same thing happening to other apps.
abid4566
Pioneer
Options
Already wiped the partition cache hasn't really helped so I think the only option I have is a factory reset
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
If you install good guardians and then thermal guardian within that it will tell you exactly which app causes heating, also it can lower the thermal threshold to prevent it getting hot in the first place, there are also ways to reduce heating with ADB if you know how to use it