Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery feels like it's getting better. S21 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:36 PM)
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Hello guys, I have the exynos version of the s21 ultra 128gb phantom black. 
I got mine delivered on Tuesday the 26th and the battery life the first couple of days was atrocious, was regretting getting the s21 ultra, considering my Samsung S10+ felt better on battery life, after 1.5 years of use! 
Anyway yesterday and today has been slightly better (I believe (unless it's in my head)), so I'm assuming once the phone does learn your usage patterns that it gets better, hopefully a little more time/days my battery life will be as good as I expected. I will post in the comments in a few days if it does or doesn't so keep following! 
Post your battery life and screen on time in the comments as I'd like to compare.
20 REPLIES 20
swills9
Voyager
Options
Think as you use the battery it gets 'stronger ' also I have heard the charging cable is not USB to C, but C to C ? which seems a bit naff !
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Correct mate, I believe it does get stronger too.
In regards to the cable, as annoying as it is the cable is USB C to USB C instead of the usual USB A TO USB C.
I did not concern me so much as I wanted the new 25W power brick anyway, as I only had the 15W with my previous S10+, which was only between £15-£20 for a genuine Samsung one on Amazon.
As annoying as it is for Samsung to remove the power brick, especially after mocking apple for doing the same, I can understand why, let's hope other companies (not just phone companies) follow suit, so we can better our planet.
0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
so what can you plug a c into? as far as I can work out....not a lot ! lol
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
You say that but my laptop and most modern computers and laptops have a USB C port for file transfer, but I see your point, luckily I have about 8 USB A to USB C, so I'm all good.

It's all about future proofing, USB C is the way forward in every aspect, even iPhone will EVENTUALLY swap to USB C like the iPad pro.
0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
I also had a new update today 2md update since I got mine on Tuesday in UK. It stated camera improvements plus performance etc
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
very true, this is the second software update I have received, including the one when I set the phone up, hopefully battery life gets better and better, then this phone will be top dog!
0 Likes
nexy33
Pioneer
Options
strangely enough apple embrace usb c for power delivery on macbooks yet iPhones still use a proprietary lightning cable as to usb c I bought 2 Samsung 45w chargers last year they are both usb c
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Yes sometimes I can't understand apple. 🤣 That's good so you don't need to pay extra for a charger. 🤣
nexy33
Pioneer
Options
think it's all about the bottom line if you follow Louis rossman on YouTube you ou get a real view of how apple has their market locked down to just them
0 Likes