Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drainage

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 11:30 PM)
puglush
First Poster
Options
My Samsung s21 is a nice phone but the battery life is horrendous from 3pm till 10pm the same day it goes from fully charged to absolutely empty,I don't download or stream anything like that I only use my phone for the basics,what can I do 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Emma_4xx4
Apprentice
Options
Brake the phone 😭
0 Likes
Emma_4xx4
Apprentice
Options
Or you could go get it fixed or buy a knew one x
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, if everything else fails backup your phone & do a factory reset, that should fix most issues, unless you have a faulty device.
Hope this helps
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thats odd. Im on my second day of usage from a full charge and my phone is on 51%. And thats games, social media, music, use of 5g and bluetooth too. I would do what @Blessed4life says and back up the device to perform a factory data reset. If that fails your phone must be faulty so its worth sending it to where you got it from so they can repair it.
puglush
First Poster
Options
That's a stupid answer,by the way you spell it BREAK not brake,that's what you do when you're driving a car
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@puglush: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your battery life. If you take a look at the following energy saving tips, do you notice an improvement? 

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

If not, head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Diagnostics > Battery, and check to see if it flags any issues. 

0 Likes
K45h
Explorer
Options
You're not alone, the battery on my s21 ultra is c**p. I've tried cache partition as well. I'm not gonna factory reset every time the battery tanks. The standby time is p**s take. No, I'm not gonna disable and put the phone on low power mode, I didn't buy it for that. If I wanted to do that I'd have bought one of the other s**t Samsung midrangers. Can't wait to see what apple bring later this year. Now they know how to make the battery efficient. I should know, I had an iPhone XS max before. Regretted the decision ever since
0 Likes
Jam13
Navigator
Options
Same issue here, I take the phone off charge at 0700 and by 1700 I have to charge it again, after minimal use during the day at work.

The Samsung diagnostics are showing no issues, I've tried a cache wipe, factory reset, battery monitoring apps etc. Battery life was fine for the first 10-12 months then it went bad after the Android 12 upgrade and none of the updates since have sorted the problem. I reckon this will be my last Samsung phone.
0 Likes