Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after the last security update (September update) on S21

(Topic created on: 22-10-2021 11:20 AM)
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Is anyone experiencing the same issue as the title suggested? It's been more than three weeks now and my battery is getting worse after the last security patch/update pushed in September. 
I am fed with Samsung phones.
The battery used to last about 18hours on battery saving mode and 12 on optimised. Now I can't make it through 8hours both on optimised and battery saving mode.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Since your last system update
Have you tried deleting
The cache
This can helpful deleting temp
Files that are no longer needed

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Thank you for that. I sure have. Cleared the cache and had to delete most of my apps just to make sure.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
On settings Display
Have you got Adaptive brightness turned on as that can drain battery try Turning it off
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Okay, thank you for that. I have now
0 Likes
Niknak31
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issues and have done all of the above. Can't even get through a day at work without the battery going completely, really weird as I don't use it that much.
Baridon
Voyager
Options
In idle mode the max I can squeeze out of it is 6 hours and that happens after I've turned off location and auto sync. It's getting ridiculous now with these so-called security updates
Niknak31
Journeyman
Options
I got rid of my s20 FE for the s21 and the battery life on that was amazing, wish I hadn't swapped now.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
That phone for me was a beast. I am hoping the s22 will be a much better phone, else I am switching to an iPhone 13 Pro Max
0 Likes
debs13
Explorer
Options
Hi.
I did a security update 21st October on my S21 plus and my battery life is depleting alot quicker than before update.
I have again cleared cache and all the other options suggested and nothing solves the issue.
It's so frustrating.
0 Likes