Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Discussion

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 10:09 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hey guys,

Really conflicted with information regarding battery advice and wireless power sharing. So, I have a few queries to share with you all (please bear in mind the battery tips mentioned below are more so directed towards the S8 android 9.0 and S21 5G Snapdragon variant SM-G9910);
- Do the battery tips actually help or cause more stress to the cpu and thus, negatively affect the battery? Also, do Bixby Routines (and alternatives) cause more damage than good by wearing out the CPU for battery life on S21 Snapdragon model above and S8?
- Is it harmless to let my phone charge to 100% and drain to 0%, as long as I don't keep it on charge for a prolonged period of time, once it reaches 100% (which then sets the phone into trickle charging mode)? I've read this is the real reason as to why phone batteries do terrible in only 1-3 years (i.e. leaving phone to charge overnight - it charges in 2 hours, but for the next 6 hours, it will trickle charge).
- Is wireless power sharing on the s21 model mentioned above 4.5W or 9W? Can a case such as the Official Samsung S21 Clear Standing Cover Case affect the speed of wireless power sharing?
- Is it really sustainable to charge the S21 Snapdragon, whilst it is wireless power sharing to Anker Wireless Bluetooth Earphones? I assume this is bad charging practice and even though Samsung say it is possible, doesn't necessarily mean it is good.

Random Question:
- How can I check if a Samsung/Android phone uses third-party/refurbished party using an app/software on Windows 10?
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Samsung Wireless Chargers I use have built in fans to help dissipate heat.

Charging a phone using a data card and plug also creates a certain amount of heat too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Woah I didn't know that (about the fans) 😮. I guess maybe when the opportunity presents itself, then I will be less hesitant to use GOOD wireless chargers 😎.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I only use original Samsung Chargers so I can't speak for other brands @LiquidSnake 

However when I turn on fast / Super Fast Charging on then the charger knows this and the fan which is also super quiet kicks in.  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DianDD
Voyager
Options
Worst thing for the battery is to charge it from zero. Low charge degrades it faster than keeping in on the charger all night long. Best charge your phone when it's around 30% and don't worry if it stays few more hours connected to the charger. I let my important apps to run in the background and what I don't need I added in the deep sleep list. Apart from that I turned off all battery savings because in my experience it doesn't save any juice but stops apps from working properly and you don'tget notifications..... I have this setup for months and it works for me best
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Yeah I have the same charger but I don't think that fan is well optimised, they should have use slightly different more efficient design......
0 Likes