Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery charged to 100% even though the limit was set to 85% ... just a one off?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 10:50 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I charge my S21 Ultra every night on my wireless charger and this morning the phone was charged to 100%.  I also had to restart my phone which I thought a bit odd. 

I used the phone and waited until the battery charge was below 85% and placed it back on the charger.  This time it paused charging at 85%, as it should, since I have the setting under Battery and device care \ Battery \ More battery settings \ Protect battery enabled.

Is this just a one off?  Is this a feature and not a bug?  

Just curious.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I thought that the protect battery feature (I have used it before on samsung tablets, not a phone however) will show the battery charged to 100% but actually its 85% of the capacity if that makes sense, sure I've had a message pop up to explain this 🤔
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I am now going to enable this on my S21 and test it out.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
So it seems this feature is different on tablets, as you can see it states that the battery will show 100% after restart but this is not the case with phones. I'd say that it's likely it was a one off 🤔Screenshot_20220102-172539_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interesting
In pixels If you turn it on and charge overnight it will fast charge till its 85% and then trickle charge to 100% in sync with your Alarm so that you have 100% battery when you wake up.

I'd prefer that then Samsungs implemention
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I switched this feature on as soon as it was available on one UI 4... (Was using accubattery before) and now leave it overnight with no issues. Maybe a one off in your instance but seems like a strange glitch....
0 Likes
rawshooter
Explorer
Options

I wish it worked that way for their phones too. So annoying that 50% is not half of my usage time if it starts with 85%. Always have to recalculate in my head.

0 Likes
Samare
Explorer
Options

You can use a bixby routine to to do it.
Just set it to disable battery protection a few minutes before your alarm then re-enable it.

0 Likes