Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad sound quality in games and video editor

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 03:48 AM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

This is an example of how the games on Samsung Galaxy S21 family and A52 etc. sound bad. They lack depth, they don't sound like they're in the phone but rather being played by 50% of the speaker without any bass or real value. Please listen it for yourself. This problem has been ongoing since the S21 has launched. The good sound quality part is when the game is being recorded by the Samsung screen recorded, then it has this normal/good sound quality! Nobody has fixed it. Will you?  

Video 1: link to YouTube (if it doesn't upload it properly to the app) :

Bad/shallow sound

https://youtube.com/shorts/Rl1CXDUK-jY?feature=share

Video 2: link to YouTube (if it doesn't upload it properly to the forum):

Normal/good sound

https://youtube.com/shorts/TQozoePefL0?feature=share

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Adi0 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Would you be able to tell me if this is affecting and some particular games and video editors? 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

This is affecting all video games and only Samsung video editor by far. Issue is here since March, since S21 line! 

tetsugo
Journeyman
Options

I have the sabe issue. No matter what game I run, the moment I start the game, the audio quality drops. In audio players like Spotify and YouTube it works well, but games and video editors the quality is really bad.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Hello? 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

New instance where this is happening. Riot X Arcade online game, which is playable in the browser , same thing, the phone plays its sound shallowly but it goes to normal with the Samsung Screen recorder. 

0 Likes
Alexisd1
Student
Options

I have my gallery full of 0:00 long screen recorded videos all because I can't play deemo a music game properly and honestly for me it is a huge disadvantage if I knew this, I would have opted for an iphone.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Here you go, I've contacted SamMobile editor and they've got us covered! 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-z-fold-3-one-ui-4-0-audio-bug/

Argie1
First Poster
Options

Same here😭 Galaxy A52 4G

Actually just noticed that yesterday when I downloaded a few DJ apps only to find each and every one of them had far inferior quality than any media player app I have tested on .m4a and .mp3 sound files. Sadly that affects and the Smart View feature of the phone.

Also, while on Bluetooth earbuds the quality is quite better, the volume is much lower than that on media players.

As mentioned above starting the screen recording kinda solves the issue but still…

0 Likes
tetsugo
Journeyman
Options

Guys, if everyone liked the original post it would give more visibility to Samsung.