Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad repair service - S21+ 5G

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 11:15 AM)
GaryConnor92
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had an issue with there S21+ 5G constantly restarting. 
Had my phone from early last year, phone came with the issue. Can restart up to 20+ times a Day/Night.

Even does it in safe mode and also after factory reset. 
But the worst part is it has been into the Samsung store 4 Times to be repaired and it’s still Broken ! Staff have said parts have been renewed each time which I’m starting to doubt.

I asked them about a new device and I was told Samsung don’t give out new devices they just fix them lol , only if that was the case.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I fully understand the your unimpressed with this situation especially as the issue would make the phone not a pleasure to use , and these devices are very expensive @GaryConnor92 

I note that you say Had my phone from early last year, phone came with the issue.  "

In the UK if the phone was purchased directly from Samsung UK they provide a 21 day cooling off period to be able to have the phone exchanged for a new phone. 

After 21 days then a Repair is offered.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but if my phone was displaying this issue and a factory reset did not remedy it then I would have used this cooling off period.

Is there a reason why you were unable to initiate a replacement request may I ask ?

In the UK we as consumers are also covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. 

It maybe beneficial to see what cover you have as a consumer in your region if your not in the UK.

Personally I think x 4 repair attempts is more than a reasonable amount of time's for you to put up with.

You could raise a ticket with Samsung Support to escalate this further.

Would you let us know how you get on with this  ?

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GaryConnor92
Apprentice
Options
The phone is on contract from Three mobile there cooling off period is 14 days, it only happened once or twice in the first 2 weeks. Then when I contacted Three regarding the issue they pointed me in Samsungs direction. Been on the phone to Samsung support today and they have now said that my Contract provider should replace my handset.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung are correct that it's the supplier of the phone that has a duty of care @GaryConnor92 

This is explained in the link I shared in my previous reply about the 

Consumer Rights Act 2015

0 Likes
GaryConnor92
Apprentice
Options
The issue is close to being resolved , Three mobile have said they will act on my behalf to contact Samsung regarding a replacement (after I mentioned the Consumer rights act). Said I will receive a new Device on Tuesday. I also brought up the issue of compensation due to paying a contract for a broken phone for at least 12 months and not to mention the costs incurred traveling to and from my Samsung store , but I won't hold my breath.

Lessons learned - don't wait till its too late and also the technicians in my local Samsung store aren't very good.

Thanks for your information.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @GaryConnor92 

Sometimes using buzz word's such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015 directs them in the right direction.

Glad I could help. 👍