Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad quality selfie pics?

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 11:22 PM)
Kazliz
Apprentice
Options
Hi received S21 on Friday. Has anyone else experienced problems with the quality of selfie pics? Mine are absolutely awful. Grainy and I look washed out. Taking the same pic with my old S8 and it's hundreds times better. I'm not a camera expert so not sure if it's something I'm not doing that I should be but I don't know what to do. Anyone else?
9 REPLIES 9
HeavyHanded
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried the 3:4 40mp option. When having a play around had good results with front facing using this.
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
where is that option? as from what I know the front camera has only 10mp
0 Likes
HeavyHanded
Journeyman
Options
Top of screen as seen here. Although this is on s21 ultra but I thought the front facing cameras were the same.

clipboard_image_1612394475163_1612394475163.jpg

0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
they are the same on s21 and s21+ which is only 10mp. And yes, S21 ultra has 40mp
0 Likes
Luke1231
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had the same problem with my S21, which I bought yesterday. Out of the box very grainy pictures. Then I noticed a software update was available, claiming to improve the camera (among other things). Now selfies look much better, I think they are still not as good as selfies from some competitors (I did a quick comparison), but they are definitely usable. Hope this could help. Bye.

0 Likes
HeavyHanded
Journeyman
Options
ah ok, my mistake.
0 Likes
Kazliz
Apprentice
Options
thank you so much! just did the update and although not perfect it's way better than it was. I was beginning to think lockdown had aged me 50 years 😂
Memm
Journeyman
Options

Help! I bought s21 and selfie camera is sososoooo BAD why im so white ??? Even if i turn lightness down to -4 in beauty mode its still so white!!!!  I took the HDR also off...still so whitewashed everything

0 Likes
ali-gness
First Poster
Options
I got an s20 + and it the worse selfie camera I had my old phone was unbranded and the selfie was really good on it I hate the Samsung it makes you look awful compared to other selfie cameras
0 Likes