Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back with Samsung after a few years of huawei

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 09:00 AM)
Gavdutchname75
Journeyman
Options
Hey folks, I've just returned to Samsung (s21 ultra) as Huawei lost its Google services & am really enjoying the experience, camera, display, speakers are all excellent but I do have one issue, battery life, I'm running it on 60 hertz refresh & 1080p and still not the best, yes I get through a day, but just compared to my old phone its a bit disappointing, oh and side  scrolls in app drawer, why Samsung why. I would like to finish by saying that those things aside this is the best phone I've ever had, it's defo a vintage year for the  S series, great job Samsung 
10 REPLIES 10
grilo67
Navigator
Options

Hi and welcome back to the family! How long have you had your S21U? There are reports out that the phone needs a couple of weeks to settle down, giving better battery performance and less heating. I've had mine since launch and it's the 256gb version and have had no problems with it. Nice bit of kit!

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just use the phone on 120hz and qhd. doesn't seem to make much difference for me.

Normal battery huggers are if you have 5g enabled and don't use switch to 4g.
screen brightness either put adaptive or maybe 50% or lower
And check app permissions for locations and turn off which are not required.
danmidd
Voyager
Options
I've never had any issues with my ultra and it's on the upper limit of things , I probably don't use it as much as some ppl as I'm working during the day and have my laptop for personal use , so the battery rarely goes below 50% daily I'd say that's much the same as my old p30 pro .. haven't been able to get out and really test the 📷 but the shots I've taken from my window I'm happy with .. so all round I'm quite pleased with my ultra
Gavdutchname75
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, I've had it since the 2nd of February & am over the moon with the phone, I'm an absolute smartphone geek and spend far too much on phones & I've chosen this device as it just has everything (I too have the 256g & exynos 2100), I love photography & these cameras put my old Huawei p30 Pro to shame, honestly at 10x zoom there's no comparison in quality the Samsung blows it away, I'm actually away to try the adaptive refresh rate & hope that works in tandem with the chip better, either way I'm still delighted with the phone, all the very best my friend 👍
Gavdutchname75
Journeyman
Options
Thank you my friend, I'm away to put on adaptive refresh rate, I've been told it works in tandem with the exynos chip, either way it's a great device 👍
0 Likes
Gavdutchname75
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, don't get me wrong I love the phone, I also use the camera alot so I accept I do go heavy on the usage, so I could even just be that my friend 👍
kkh786
Navigator
Options
I have the 512gb Exynos variant and I have EVERYTHING on including 120Hz/1440p, NFC, Bluetooth and 5G with EE as I don't use WiFi at all! No heat issues either thankfully.

I easily get over 5 hours SOT (enough for me). The battery life has improved over time as the system has settled in my opinion.
Current Samsung Devices: Galaxy S20+ 5G (Cosmic Black/128GB) | Galaxy Watch3 (Mystic Black/45mm Bluetooth) | Galaxy Buds (Aura Glow Silver)
danmidd
Voyager
Options
yeah from what I've used the camera I'd say it's equal to the p 30 🙂
Gavdutchname75
Journeyman
Options
Hi there after reading the previous comments I've now turned these features on & will post next week how I get on my friend, all in all its an amazing phone 📱 👍