Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Smart Switch does not improve bat life! Still HORRIBLE BATTERY!

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 04:49 PM)
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

I got AUB9 on a brandnew S21Ultra. The phone was factory reset before even installing anything, cache cleared. Cam drains battery ENORMOUSLY, without showing anomalous use. This phone is an utter catastrophy and goes back immediately for a refund. This was my last samsung phone EVER. Not going back. Exynos needs to finally die. The overall software is amazing, but this is all useless without a battery. I'll switch to the OnePlus 9 pro. Please, STOP telling people that avoiding smart switch will help, It's a lottery at best and there are a billion other issues that will never be fixed. Refund your phones if you experience this, don't listen to that pathetic: "iT nEeDs tO lEaRn uSAgE pAtTeRn" No other brand needs this, and no other brand has systemic drain issues. No, samsung, this phone doesn't need to learn anything, a 1300 dollar phone just needs to work out of the box, like other flagships. You don't deserve this, folks, ditch samsung and make them respect the customer, this is UTTERLY SHAMEFUL business practice.

SmartSelect_20210222-203451_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Don't hesitate to return it and get a proper phone. Don't let those apologists and samsung fantards tell you that you're the issue or some app. A phone that comes out of the factory in this state gets RETURNED straight away for a full refund. Many details regarding the new exynos have been analyzed in detail and there are serious flaws about this new chip. Just energy efficiency is 20+ % worse than the snapdragon 888, camera processing is different and the gpu is 10% worse overall. Not to mention, the famous samsung overnight drain, which is still very much there. At least they're using ARM processors and killed off their useless custom chip division. I'd still very much prefer to see them nuke the whole exynos thing, but sadly this won't happen. But again, return it for a refund, you do NOT have to accept this.

0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Nope, not a "fanatic" at all. Just a disappointed consumer that got sold an INFERIOR chip that cost the same as a SUPERIOR chip (yes, watch the detailed analysis that you can find anywhere on the internet) If you're happy with your Exynos that's ok. The speed is there, but so is the devil in the detail, or let's say, the devils in the detail. There's quite a bit wrong with this new chip, but samsung has great marketing and damage control :winking-face:

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Those details you mention have little to no bearing in everyday use. Yes I know technically the Exynos GPU is inferior (mostly due to optimisations) and to some extent the CPU in "certain" scenarios. But it ultimately has little bearing to actual usage like the many YouTubers have shown. Battery life is practically identical, performance is practically the same, heat issues I've never had nor do I expect the SD has as well. You slate the Exynos chip as if it's worse than ever when in reality it's far more even than its ever been. You might not like the fact that there's a chip which marginally performs better than the one you've bought, but in everyday use, there'll be little to no variation overall and Samsung has definitely done a great job diminishing that gap. I cite you as a fanatic because you have demonstrated nothing to prove you have an INFERIOR chip (let alone to the degree you claim) in face of all evidence online to the contrary.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Nothing to do with apologists, I'd recommend he return it right away too, but I wouldn't go forum bashing the product if I could clearly see evidence to the contrary. Funny part is, your reasoning for hating it doesn't even align to the "weaknesses" you supposedly read about the phone.

I personally wish Samsung could drop the whole Snapdragon thing, but due to some very questionable patent tactics in the US by Qualcomm they can't so we are where we are. If this were the case though, Samsung could focus purely on their own and ultimately you'd have far less complaints about a "potential" weak CPU between devices. It would also have the plus side in that Samsung would be in a better position to allocate resources to optimise purely for their own devices rather than have a split for the 2, not to mention its always better to have competing companies than a monopoly.
0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the laugh. 😂