Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Smart Switch does not improve bat life! Still HORRIBLE BATTERY!

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 04:49 PM)
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

I got AUB9 on a brandnew S21Ultra. The phone was factory reset before even installing anything, cache cleared. Cam drains battery ENORMOUSLY, without showing anomalous use. This phone is an utter catastrophy and goes back immediately for a refund. This was my last samsung phone EVER. Not going back. Exynos needs to finally die. The overall software is amazing, but this is all useless without a battery. I'll switch to the OnePlus 9 pro. Please, STOP telling people that avoiding smart switch will help, It's a lottery at best and there are a billion other issues that will never be fixed. Refund your phones if you experience this, don't listen to that pathetic: "iT nEeDs tO lEaRn uSAgE pAtTeRn" No other brand needs this, and no other brand has systemic drain issues. No, samsung, this phone doesn't need to learn anything, a 1300 dollar phone just needs to work out of the box, like other flagships. You don't deserve this, folks, ditch samsung and make them respect the customer, this is UTTERLY SHAMEFUL business practice.

SmartSelect_20210222-203451_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Not sure it does. My SO's s10+ runs One UI3 and there it doesn't drain, it doesn't drain  in my friend's s20. I just have a broken device. Cam sucks too, overheats ...drains multiple % in minutes.

0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

With all due respect, if you read my post you'd know that this isn't the issue. Phone overheats with cam too. Cam is an even bigger problem. I got a faulty device.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Charge your phone to 100% and then run it in Safe Mode for 2 or 3 hours and then report back on your battery usage, with screenshots. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

No need to get patronizing and apologetic. All those drain issues and exynos issues are widespread and confirmed. Last scamsung doorstop I ever owned. ANY manufacturer can do better than this, because they at least sell you snapdragons, instead of this low tier exynos trash. 

0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Phone is packed in the case, which is wrapped tightly in a box, ready for return tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help though.

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
no patronising or apologies from me.

In all seriousness...the large majority of people on this particular S21 forum page are owners of that so called 'low tier exynos trash'. We have used it for a few weeks...tried different methods to improve battery... overheating... camera issues. The problems are not as bad as they were on release day... believe me. And I am sure most of us do not at all agree with your opinion... else we would have also refunded.

if you think that after you have owned that 'Low tier exynos trash' for 1 to 2 days and then start telling all the users that have owned the same phone for more than a few weeks about how rubbish their hardware is... then you are going to get a few upset responses.

it is your choice... send it back for refund. it makes no difference to me.

you may indeed have a hardware problem... or maybe you just need to optimise the software, and give it a little time.

Anyhow... it is packed and ready. Hope you find your next phone.

smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I wouldn't bother smiley,he clearly isn't looking for help with his issue.i think yeah he probably got a faulty device but he should of just got a replacement.
I get that people will be annoyed when something is wrong with their phone,but this post of his is ridiculous,I mean what are the "billions of issues"🤷🤣.
personally my s21 ultra exynos has been a dream,guess I'm just lucky.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Nah he's just another blatant Snapdragon fanatic.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
ah I see, heaven forbid Samsung make a chip that is now starting to perform as well as Snapdragon 🙄
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

I have issues with my battery too. I already lost 25% with 40 min SOT which is not good, if I'm right? Already tried everything as put apps in deep sleep and  etc...  The only thing that I didn't try is factory reset but I'm not sure that this will help me.