Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Smart Switch does not improve bat life! Still HORRIBLE BATTERY!

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 05:37 PM)
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

I got AUB9 on a brandnew S21Ultra. The phone was factory reset before even installing anything, cache cleared. Cam drains battery ENORMOUSLY, without showing anomalous use. This phone is an utter catastrophy and goes back immediately for a refund. This was my last samsung phone EVER. Not going back. Exynos needs to finally die. The overall software is amazing, but this is all useless without a battery. I'll switch to the OnePlus 9 pro. Please, STOP telling people that avoiding smart switch will help, It's a lottery at best and there are a billion other issues that will never be fixed. Refund your phones if you experience this, don't listen to that pathetic: "iT nEeDs tO lEaRn uSAgE pAtTeRn" No other brand needs this, and no other brand has systemic drain issues. No, samsung, this phone doesn't need to learn anything, a 1300 dollar phone just needs to work out of the box, like other flagships. You don't deserve this, folks, ditch samsung and make them respect the customer, this is UTTERLY SHAMEFUL business practice.

SmartSelect_20210222-203451_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have the same Exynos phone, S21 Ultra, on the same firmware release, AUB9 on CSC code BTU, and did not use Smart Switch to set up my device or import any apps or settings. 

I wonder why there is such a difference.

LNXBoje.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah mine to has been brilliant,I get about 10 hours SOT with 120hz and wqhd.
just looks like he has a faulty device which is extremely frustrating for him.
but I can't fault my s21 ultra it's awesome 😍
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you play Pokemon Go? That's where the problem is.
0 Likes
TripleHSuka
Explorer
Options

Are you even serious? I have it on my 3 year old samsung and it doesnt drain at all. So, no, that's not the issue. 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

It is still learning usage patterns.    You might need to give it a little time to calibrate to your usage and improve.  

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Like you @tinglish, I have 120hz Adaptive on with WQHD.  Also, Location, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 5G on 24/7. No Power Save. All apps checked for Android 11 compatibility. Even checked background apps in, "Running services", in Developer options. Also have Galaxy Labs and its associated apps installed. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Is your 3 year old phone running Android 11?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Look at the stats you posted,it is clearly the issue. I am perfectly serious, even Stevie Wonder could see that!
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@TripleHSuka wrote:

Are you even serious? I have it on my 3 year old samsung and it doesnt drain at all. So, no, that's not the issue. 

It has used 25% of your battery for 1 hour of usage and it can be clearly seen in your usage.  I would say so !! 

Just a question...how long have you owned this phone ?  1 day ?  3 days ?  It hasn't even finished its optimisation loop. 

To be honest, i think with your ranting that you should go ahead and refund it.   It seems you have made your judgement within a couple of days of receiving the phone.  I hope you future oneplus meets your expectations. 

Smiley.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite