Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically disable charging information display

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 02:42 PM)
Members_7sGi5or
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, i have the following problem:

I very much want to have the charging information displayed when my screen is turned off and the phone is charging. However once it does reach 85% to prolong the life of the battery the charging information stays on, which is obviously quite unnecessary, because if it would just turn off, i know that it must have finished charging, because otherwise it wouldn't have turned off. Just seems like a complete waste of battery and OLED life time, to have it displayed anyway, when my phone is fully charged.

So i thought no problem, i just do it myself in Bixby Routines, but unfurtunately i can't. The setting is just not there. Maybe anyone has an idea why Samsung does this and what the workout is? Thank you in advance :smiling-face:

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Members_7sGi5or: Please try heading to Settings > Display > Show charging information, and toggle this option off. Now, head to Settings > Lock Screen > Always On Display > On, and select 'Show always'. This will show your charging information on the AOD as opposed to your idle screen, and should address any concerns you have about screen and battery life. 

0 Likes
Members_7sGi5or
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your quick reply! However in that case it also always shows the clock and date, which i don't really need 😅

Is their no way to only have the charging information displayed and automatically turned off?

0 Likes
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Hi u
You could try turning off always on display from the controller center
0 Likes