Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocorrect incorrect

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 12:00 PM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
The autocorrect on this device is giving me rabies!

It's constantly changing perfectly good words that fit in a sentence into other words that make no sense!

E.g. just in the past hour it changed 'grab' to 'Gran'; 'fly' to 'flu'...

...I like it as its handy for average spelling mistakes when I'm typing fast, but why does it need to change perfectly apt words into something that doesn't make sense in a sentence!? 

...it done it while I was typing this, changing 'in' to 'on'!!!
4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I find the swipe works brilliantly after the Jan update.
Typing is rubbish as you mentioned.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I use GBoard and Google's language services (dictionary, autocorrect) instead of Samsung's. I got frustrated with Samsung's too. Although I didn't get rabies from it 😅
illEez
Voyager
Options
Just installed the GBoard🤞😅
0 Likes
Sqsh
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue too, I almost feel like autocorrect hates me as it seems determined to make everything I type sound ridiculous!

It replaces perfectly normal common words with much more unusual or sometimes even nonsensical words, so it's not just that it's being a little overzealous, it just seems to be buggy. A few examples include replacing "more" with "lore", "time" with "tike", "sexist" with "sextet", "to" with "yo", "for" with "fir", and even "teen" with "reen" (which I'm not sure is even a real word?!).

What makes it extra annoying is that there is a very slight delay before the word is replaced, by which time I've already moved on to typing the next word, meaning it's easy to miss the autocorrect error if you don't double check everything you've typed!

0 Likes