Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto spell check

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 05:09 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone lost the 'auto spell check' option on the samsung keyboard since android 12 update? Also Samsung Members app takes forever to generate logs while reporting errors for me.. please let me know if you have experienced either issue. I have attached a screenshot of my samsung keyboard options menu. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
bigkid617
First Poster
Options

Auto Spell Check is not available on Samsung S22 Ultra

0 Likes
Members_bS0Nk3g
Student
Options

This is a real disappointment for me and made my life very difficult. I am dyslexic and have always struggled to use predictive text, and really need Auto spell correct on my phone. I have just changed to the a52s, and now i do not know what to do??? Samsung can you please help me  

Caylee
Student
Options

Has anybody else used Swiftkey? Is it useful, actually work, difficult to use?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Members_EpzAX2f
First Poster
Options

In 'Settings' --> 'General management' --> 'Samsung Keyboard settings' activate 'Predictive text' and then in 'Auto replace' if it is not activated, avtivate the language. For the presented screen shoot will be English(UK).  Note: I have English (US) but I keep 'Auto replace' inactive because it will destroy my native language. I still have predictive text and it helps a lot not to mess English language too much.

0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hey mate, think you have missed the whole point of the post.. we do not want predictive text on. We just want auto spell check. Thank you for replying
Kat34567
First Poster
Options
This is what I did. Click on general management/Samsung keyboard settings/suggest text corrections. Then press grammarly at the end of the page and sign in to the free version. When you are in an app e.g. WhatsApp which you want to check spelling in - click 3 dots at the bottom right corner of the screen. Then press grammarly option and the spell check works.
0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hi Kat, thanks for your response however the whole point is that we do not want suggested text corrections.. we just want the spell check like the good old times. This post is over 2 years old and they havent fixed it so no sweat I am over it now lol
0 Likes