Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting overnight while charging since the update on 18 Nov 22

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 06:53 AM)
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Since the update on 18 November 22, when wake up and check my S21 which I leave to charge overnight, it has restarted and is waiting for me to enter my pin! This means that I miss any calls and notifications that arrive prior! This is no good. What if I miss an important call?
91 REPLIES 91
HudGiant
First Poster
Options
So, interestingly my phone didn't reboot last night. So it did it two nights in a row then seems to have stopped as yours did. Weird.
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Mine rebooted again last night. It's getting on my nerves
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
There's another update. Also, members again just picked up that my phone restarted for no reason and asked me to submit another report
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Didn't restart last night. Samsung are looking into it, but hopefully the update yesterday has helped
0 Likes
HB24
Journeyman
Options
Since the software update (one before last) my S21 has been auto-restarting overnight, despite auto-restart being disabled in the settings and no other obvious issues. Never happened before that software update. Anyone else got this? How do I fix it? I'm missing notifications and alarms!!! Have tried some basic troubleshooting. 
HB24
Journeyman
Options
Mine is doing the same thing. I've done all the troubleshooting steps you've spoken about above. Definitely something to do with the update - its so frustrating!
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Have a look in device care in the top right corner, click on the 4 vertical lines, this will show any issues that it has detected
0 Likes
HB24
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.... no issues detected there.
0 Likes
Tiviche
First Poster
Options
Same issue here, I did get another update yesterday, but this morning the phone restarted again...
0 Likes
Rob99
Voyager
Options
On the device care app there is an option to 'restart when needed', check to see if this is on
0 Likes