Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio skipping and stuttering

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 09:43 PM)
LissaKay
Student
Options

Since the recent update, the audio on my Galaxy S21 5G # skips and stutters in some applications, most notably when listening to voice mail messages in the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app - but not when dialed from Phone, and when streaming video via Streamlabs web site

Through trial and error, I found that this only occurs when my Samsung Galaxy Watch4  is connected to the phone via bluetooth. If I turned off the watch or bluetooth, the audio is fine. 

Is there some setting on either device that would fix this? 

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum @LissaKay 

All seems fine when I have my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch and Samsung Watch⁴ Classic Watch connected !

Just as a process of elimination please consider trying thus which does not delete any of your personal information. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LissaKay
Student
Options

Thank you. I did all that, and it's still having issues. 

New info: In the voice mail app, if I switch from ear phone to speaker phone, the issue goes away. Workable, but if I need to listen to a VM in private, that will be tricky. 

The audio issue persists while streaming video from Streamlabs to YouTube. This is for both the streamed video, and the recorded version. Straight up video recording is OK. 

Christopher R
First Poster
Options

Hello LissaKay, thank you for sharing this! I have been having awful audio stuttering issues with Twitter Spaces whenever I would participate as a Speaker. I have a Galaxy Watch 5 and when I turned off Bluetooth on my phone, the audio issues were immediately resolved! It's a frustrating problem but at least this simple workaround helps. I'd like to be able to use my bluetooth earbuds instead but those have issues with Twitter as well.

ncWOLFsu
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issues as well, but hadn't made the connection that the Galaxy Watch4 was involved. Sure enough, as soon as I powered off my watch the issues on my phone stopped occurring.

Anyone know of an actual fix?

G21plus
First Poster
Options

I have the identical issue with the same equipment. S21+ and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic connected. 

One time the issue persisted after I switched to speaker phone. I noticed the phone volume cycling up & down. Since then, however, the issue has gone away when I switch to speaker phone. I have tried raising and lowering the phone volume while the voicemail is stuttering, and the response is sluggish. Not sure if this is related. 

0 Likes
Justin-B
First Poster
Options

Anyone find a fix? I'm having this same issue with my Galaxy watch 3 and Pixel 6a. Hadn't occurred to me until this thread that my watch would be involved

0 Likes