Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUC8 update, low light video comparison to AUBB and S20 Snapdragon.

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 10:15 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Low light video on the global, Exynos, S21 Ultra on latest AUC8 update, compared to the previous, AUBB, Exynos firmware

Low light video on the global, Exynos, S21 Ultra on latest AUC8 update, compared to the U.S. Snapdragon, S20 model on update DUC9

Even to my untrained eye, this latest global, Exynos, AUC8 update shows a definite improvement in low light.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
2 REPLIES 2
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I noticed it, there's definitely an improvement as I use my older Samsung devices as reference.

It's even noticeable when viewing on screen, before it use to look very patchy in mid to low light. Now it looks pretty much the same as my S20 Ultra. In fact a lot of photos in low light are almost identical to the S20 Ultra, with maybe a slight edge in sharpness to the S21.

In very low light however, night mode shots are the best. The near field details are incredible compared to previous Samsung cameras.

One area it's still lacking in low light now is 8k recording. It's very weak especially compared to the S20 Ultra, but I believe with the updates made to the 4k 60fps recording, they'll fix this in time.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

New Samsung S21 Update with Big Camera Improvements and April Security!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes