Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUBB S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 04:05 PM)
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
New update done. Wiped cache partition. Galaxy labs used to app boost. Let's see how it goes! Interested to see how everyone else gets on with it also :smiling-face: 
31 REPLIES 31
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I did exactly the same steps as you after the update around 3pm yesterday, looking good so far, thinking the battery life has slightly improved. Also looks like a new camera version and new Samsung default messages on snapdragon models. I use my phone Adaptive 120hz FHD+. no gaming at all, mostly YouTube, Facebook, Messenger, Browsing and Members.
- S21 Ultra - exynos UK. ( BTU CSC )
Edit: The meaning of "looks like" ( or could be ) does not mean definite. To clear up the confusion, I did not mean 100% there is a new camera version for my particular model, I just know there is a new camera version for some models, these phones "are" available outside of the UK 👍🏻
0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
Cool! The battery performance is slightly improved I think. I use WQHD+, 120hz, enhanced processing, with gaming!
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
so far since install yesterday I have done some benchmarking... and these results seem to be consistently higher than previous.

I have done this for each new software drop... cache clear and clear background tasks... then run a stress and benchmark test. Results in attached screenshots.

looking promising.

will be doing some camera tests tomorrow during a weekend walk.

smiley

Screenshot_20210305-104651_3DMark.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-104800_3DMark.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-104743_3DMark.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-183659_Geekbench 5.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
Nice!!
0 Likes
Graham37
Pioneer
Options
It's just a security update isn't it?

also how do you wipe cache partition and does it get rid of any valuable data?

thanks
0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
It is, but they also include improvements across the board. Wiping cache partition doesn't delete any valuable data at all, you do it by putting the phone in recovery mode. To do this now you need to have the phone plugged into a laptop or computer (heard plugged earphones work) just so it charges. Then hold down the power button and volume down button at the same time, when the phone restarts keep holding down the power button but now hold the volume up instead of the volume down. Then navigate the recovery mode with the volume buttons for up and down with the power button to select. Select wipe cache partition, will only take a few seconds. Then select reboot system and done!
0 Likes
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
working great here

Screenshot_20210305-192413_Geekbench 5.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No change to the camera version in updates for AUBB, AUB9, AUB6 releases = version 11.0.02.58

AUB3 had camera version 11.0.02.44

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
There is definitely a new camera version on some models. I have added that to my comment.
0 Likes