Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious Battery life s21 ultra Exynos

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 06:36 PM)
_Jonno
Voyager
Options

Battery life just seems to be ***** wether I use the phone or not I get the same amount of percentage loss wether the screen is on and in use or if it's off and listening to music.

The YouTube music app for some reason was running in background eventhough it was only used for 20 mins. Bu that's besides the point. 

This phone doesn't get anywhere near good battery life with the exynos version.
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
This is the battery a couple hours later Screenshot_20210628-112445_Device care_26139.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The first 3 apps are huge battery drains. In 18m they have used over 11% of your battery. It is not just happening to you, do a search for xxx app battery drain and you will see what I mean.

Not a phone problem, but an app issue.
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I think it's an issue with the phone and how It determins battery use I can use YouTube chrome and YouTube music with the screen on for an hour each and it only drains 5 percent or so it's only when the phone is idle it drains like crazy
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your battery stats don't illustrate that nor do the articles I have read and suggested you research as this issue doesn't just apply to Samsung devices.
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Well I can literally see that I loose 5 percent battery with 5 minutes of basically any app regardless whether it's a heavy app or not and that doesn't show on the battery stats I can tell you that much it's an issue with this phone there's no way a my S10e used to loose 1 or 2 present per hour of Bluetooth music listening and I lose 12-15 present of an hour of the same activity. This phone looses battery quicker than any phone I've had and compared to other phones too. It's clearly a this device issue
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have the same device, here are my stats. Incidentally, I came from an S10 and the Ultra lasts twice as long.
See this which confirms what I have said https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tomsguide.com/amp/news/battery-killers-these-20-apps-are-the-wors...
It should be noted that since Chrome's last update it has become a battery hog.Screenshot_20210628-134351_Device care.jpg
mmtech
Navigator
Options
I have 2 year old moto g7 play and it's battery capacity is less but gives me double battery backup when compared to s21. Seems issue with either exynos or One UI. I think it's one ui definitely as the Android OS is clean and much optimized to handle any google apps.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's neither, it's because a lot of apps especially social media apps are not working well which is why your device on Android 10 doesn't have those issues.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
But I heard that pixel 4a or 5 battery is also much better than s21 and there are no overnight battery drain issues. 5% battery drain in 8 hours idle for pixel 5. But 12% battery drain in 8 hours idle for s21
0 Likes