Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you happy with your Samsung S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 11:12 PM)
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

If you have the S21 Ultra are you happy or unhappy with your decision? Pros and cons? 

My pros

-love the freedom it gives compared to iOS 

- it feels very premium

-more apps and customisation

Cons 

-Camera is ok but not what I expected after all the rave reviews on YouTube. Pretty out of focus, nothing amazing even from the 108mp. Night sky photos are poor compared to my iPhone 11 as is product photography. 
- it’s a bit ugly lol

- not keen on the curved screen but knew what I was getting into.

-very bad headaches and eye strain due to the pwm and oled screen. I wish they’d address this. iPhone 11 lcd is so much better on the eyes but that’s technology.

I am returning it after trying it for 2 days. It makes me sad as I was due an upgrade and thought this would be amazing for my photography as another option to my SLR. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Thank you.

Yes I think that’s going to be my issue so I’ll stick to the iPhone 11 for as long as I can. 

Lunalil
Explorer
Options

I have heard so many people have had issues with it. 

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I was given a S21 Ultra 5G yesterday and set it all up last night and I haven't encountered any of the issues reported on this forum. I am not saying they don't or didn't exist, i'm sure they did...

First thing I did was to update the firmware and once complete I factory reset the phone. I then used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer all data over from my S10+ and it has worked just fine. It's now downloading the March update as I type lol

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have always bought my phones for the cameras and have had my fair share of Samsung, Windows Phones and Pixels.

So I went for the Ultra for the macro and it seems quiet decent with the photos
I would love if samsung optimised the software for the 3x and 10x further and then I am set.

It's the first phone I have had for ages that gives me a consistent 7-8 hours SOT and am quiet pleased.

I love my big phones and Samsung generally gives so much extras like AR and now the Spen and stuff it's hard not to recommend their phones .
0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

Great design and screen,performance and even battery life.  But I returned my Exynos S21 Ultra. Cameras were not as high quality as I expected. The main camera when shooting into sunlight often has the usual old Samsung mushy over exposed quality. Shadows are a mushy mess,details are poor over sharpened. Lens flare is actually worst I have ever seen with horrid purple lens flare especially with night street lights spoiling photos. The 3x zoom lens is again over sharpened and the 10x zoom is a noisy mess with soft looking images making trees and grass look like an oil painting. I often had the 10x zoom lens in bright daylight goto digital zoom and not optical(must be software issue). And OIS never worked on 10x zoom either. It's all one big overhyped rushed out mess from my experienced. I don't think I shall bother with Samsung again as since S10 days their camera quality has actually gotten worse and they still haven't fixed their horrible mushy processing. Even after updates it's still poor . See image i took with horrid lens flare 20210130_183338_edited.jpg

0 Likes
DidarLDN
First Poster
Options
Real Big issue with low light very very smudged and looks like an oil painting, honestly my s9 and note 8 take way way way better photos low light... and much faster shutter speed... honestly s21 ultra shutter speed is sooo slow, you practically miss the moment waiting on the shutter. I have the exynos version.
0 Likes