Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Software Update S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 09:30 AM)
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone in the UK gotten the April Software Update on their S21 Ultra? It has the camera update but I haven't gotten it so far?
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
This is mine

Screenshot_20210405-125100_Settings_32470.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Changing CSC does not void your warranty! I would advise on being patient and waiting for the update to become available for your CSC if you are not particularly informed on how it works although it isn't too difficult but if you do something wrong it may become a bit more complicated. You can go ahead and do it if you feel capable though.
But to reiterate, changing your CSC DOES NOT void your warranty because it's still official firmware. You only risk voiding warranty when flashing custom firmware and doing unofficial modifications.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
You are correct. One notable change is the ability to use the 3x optical camera for portraits. There are more improvements throughout also.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You have the U.S. unlocked, Snapdragon, model, SM-G998U1.

This will not receive the global, Exynos, updates. 

Your CSC code = XAA and the latest firmware update for that is... G998U1UEU2AUB6 that was released on the 7th March 2021

You cannot use the global Exynos firmware on the U.S.A. Snapdragon model  and you cannot change your CSC code to a global one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Thank you! Do you know if I will receive the April update with the camera update?
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You are operating a different camera software to the Exynos model and the Snapdragon models may not receive or need it.

When did you purchase your phone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
I see, well that's very upsetting! I pre-ordered my phone directly from samsung, so I got it when it came out. I lived in the US then, but now I'm living in the UK
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Your device is not a UK model but the US variant with the Snapdragon chipset. The model number of the international variant is SM-G998B where yours is SM-G998U1. It's important to note that the firmware of different variants are not compatible with each other so you can't flash firmware for a 998B device unto a 998U1. I mention this in relation to your earlier post.

Edit: I see @ironass already responded to this but for some reason the responses were not showing before.
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
That's alright, thank you for your help! I
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sure, download Smart Switch for PC to your computer, connect your phone and check for updates.
0 Likes