Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Software Update S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 09:30 AM)
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone in the UK gotten the April Software Update on their S21 Ultra? It has the camera update but I haven't gotten it so far?
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Sorry can you explain more what you're talking about?
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Just be aware that changing the CSC will void your warranty. Even if you change it back, Samsung will know it's running an unauthorized firmware version.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
With some network provider the new update takes time to realise.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The update came out in the UK on 29 March, I installed it since then. There is a change to portrait mode which now uses the 3x telephoto lens. I've also noticed much better night video 4k 60fps. It seems to me like the camera is better in more lighting conditions as well compared to previous firmware.
0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
What provider are you with?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm with Three, but the device is direct from Samsung so it's not carrier branded.
0 Likes
colombianmuse
Pioneer
Options
Mine is too, directly from samsung, I'm with smarty, a company based on three..hmm
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I got it long back as well, Mine is also direct from Samsung and using giffgaff (which runs on O2)
As mentioned the only noticeably difference so far is extra lens option of 3x in portrait mode nad probably they fixed the difference in white balance when switching between different cameras.
I guess most of the fixes are internal.
I also found the photos to be a bit more sharper.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you able to post a screenshot of your current, "Service provider software version", as follows...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version (See screenshot)

v5ZRnSB.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Is yours the Exynos or Snapdragon? The update was specifically for the Exynos version. Snapdragon versions have their own set of updates.
0 Likes