Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not downloading/updating

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 07:08 AM)
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
Recently I have noticed apps not auto updating on my phone from the Play Store..I've spoken to Google and Samsung and done all the troubleshooting possible. Basically, the apps download but don't actually install. Has anyone else had this and do you have a fix for it?

Cheers
Marc
33 REPLIES 33
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
This is all that happens.Screenshot_20211214-200232_Google Play Store.jpg
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Restarted phone or sign out your Google account?
0 Likes
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
Everything but a factory reset.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
do you have just the 1 google account or multiple?
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
so you've done the basic google support run around.

so worth checking that all of the google accounts have auto updates on and not just 1 .

also are you in the country of the google account? some apps are location locked. you can also try clearing the google ar services and play games etc... all of the google apps. (they share some files)

you can also try loggin into the playstore vie a browser and tapping download and it lets you select a device . see if you can push the download?
0 Likes
stevanon
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issue. All that is left to try is a master reset and then get Samsung to look at it.

Has ANYBODY found a fix to this?
stevanon
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same error I get.
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

The issue is with APP updates, Simply can't be performed, although all regular solitons for google play had been performed (Even actually clearing the cache partition on the phone), simply useless! 

If you press the send feedback and look in the event logs are you all seeing error -503? if so this is a Samsung & google side issue and not our fault.

0 Likes
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
Yes error 503!
0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

So as i see it right now... There is nothing we can do at this point, playing around with the APPS and the google stuff can only cause other issues, we will need to wait for Samsung to Fix the issue.

On a side note this is very disappointing in light of the S21 Ultra been the current Flagship,  If they release a Major update like Android 12, it is only basic to check that things like basic functionality works well. 

0 Likes