Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appear On Top Bug

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 04:49 PM)
Malik Mehrab
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with my Samsung S21 Ultra, I believe this issue occurred with the new android 12, when giving "appear on top" permission to certain apps which draw over other apps, I can no longer perform any actions outside of that app. For example, I cannot click any apps on the main screen, I can't swipe on the main screen etc. I have attached a video example of this with an app. This isn't an issue with the app as I have tried this with several different apps and it's the same result.

I have already performed a factory reset as well but no luck.

Here is a video example:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5zzMZKbWh2QBWUK1oE9_nzibHgHkxTS/view?usp=drivesdk

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried resetting your samsung account password ?
0 Likes
Malik Mehrab
Apprentice
Options

I don't believe that has anything to do with it, I tried factory resetting the phone and only logged into the google play account to download an app to try this with. I wasn't even logged into the Samsung account. 

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Does this happen with third party apps only? If so, they are likely not compatible with Android 12 yet.
Malik Mehrab
Apprentice
Options

That may be the issue, its 3rd party apps only. I will try and downgrade to see if it fixes anything

0 Likes
Malik Mehrab
Apprentice
Options

Hey, Thank you very much, downgrading back to Android 11 fixed the problem