Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling battery life!!

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 12:04 PM)
Newel447
Explorer
Options
I've been complaining about the rate at which my phone battery is discharging since the Android 12 update..
I have a few other issues, but the battery drain is the most concerning!!
I have now complained to Samsung regarding this issue and hopefully, Samsung will take it on board and release a future update to fix this issue.....
I would urge others who are experiencing the same issues to contact Samsung and complain..
Hopefully, that will speed things up!!
13 REPLIES 13
heyheylabas
First Poster
Options
Battery life is great
0 Likes
Newel447
Explorer
Options
Not according to many people after updating the Android 12

I had no issues before the update..

Have cleared cache partition but still not great..

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones...lol
0 Likes
Newel447
Explorer
Options
To Android 12..
My phone's predictive text kicked in
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Mine has no issues, still get over 2 days usage. Post your battery stats so we can see if you have any rogue apps hogging your battery.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
USER Error and apps not updated to Android 12 by devs.

After Android 12 I Try very hard to kill my battery as I charge overnight and most times I'm left with over 50 %.
So I have to try to get it down to at least 30% or use it for two days.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Goog luck getting them to listen. I've been reporting the Camera wakelock since June and still nothing 🤣 CameraService_worker. Look at the amount of wakelocks and time kept awake while my device is in pocket with display off detecting motion. It's unnecessary.Screenshot_20211213-170920_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

I'm in the same boat with the horrendous battery drain even in idle. All of my apps have been updated also.

0 Likes
Berto512
First Poster
Options
My battery life has noticeably dropped since Android 12. I struggle to get a full day's use out of it now. I mainly use it for emails, WhatsApp messaging and an hour or so of games.
0 Likes
Newel447
Explorer
Options
I have cleared the cache partition, have over 25 apps in deep sleep, switched off bluetooth to maximise battery life, but I can visibly see the battery percentage dropping at an alarming rate..
I would urge all those who find themselves in the same boat to complain to Samsung in the hope they will address the problem with a future update!!
If they tell you to perform a hard reset, don't, as it is not a phone issue