Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Menu Sound

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 01:21 AM)
MartiRobinson
Student
Options
Hi all. I have noticed whilst re-arranging apps on the menu of my Samsung S21 that whenever I press down and drag an app icon, there is a 'popping' sound made.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to disable this sound? I've turned on and off every setting I can think of and the only way that seems to work is by muted system sounds altogether.
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum @MartiRobinson 

I've not had this type of sound on my phone when performing the task you describe.

Do you have any 3rd party launchers downloaded  etc? 

Put the phone in safe Mode and then see what happens.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ disables downloaded apps, themes and other launchers to help determine if one or more is causing conflict. 

Has this always happened or just started  ?

Just to make sure this isn't a tone sound but instead your actual screen popping a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MartiRobinson
Student
Options
No it juat started after updating the software to Android Version 12. It's not like a sound as if the phone is faulty, it's a system sound that just seems as though it cannot be silenced or switched off
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's interesting @MartiRobinson 

I don't have Android 12 on my Fold³ yet.

Hopefully you can find a tone setting or one of the other members with Android 12 replies with a resolution.

Have you tried a Google Search or reaching out to Samsung via your Samsung Members App in the interim ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Same here, probably Android 12. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes