Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Icon Badges not working on Samsung s21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 09:26 PM)
advocate
Apprentice
Options
So I purchased my first ever Samsung (given the hype and all that), I purchased the Samsung S21 Ultra 512g and God I regret my decision. One of the most god awful phones I have ever come across. 

Been trying to get the App Icon Badges to work. Settings, notifications, advance settings and toggle on the App Icon Badge. Nothing.

Settings, Apps, select the apps, notification and make sure App Icon Badge is toggled on. Yes it is and still nothing. 

back to settings, notifications, advance settings and long press the App Icon Badge option. New screen and switch from number to dot and vice versa. Nothing. 

Switched from native launcher to various third party launchers, no go. 

Before I take a hammer to this piece of s@@@ any chance anyone can assist with. Any assistance will be warmly welcomed. 

Regards, 

7 REPLIES 7
Options
try going to "notifications ".. then scroll down to advanced.. then I think its called notifications count..
0 Likes
Options
if not go to apps, then samsung launcher, storage and clear cache..
0 Likes
advocate
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Fingerblaster. Found the issue. In settings search for Special Access and select it, scroll down to Notification Access and select it. Scroll down to your default launcher and toggle it on. Done..

Looks like I won't be taking the hammer to the phone just yet.

Thanks for the assistance.
Elena Moc
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Can you give more details what you meant by "default launcher"? I don't find any app that would qualify for this. I try to attach a picture with my options, maybe you can suggest what should be on.Screenshot_Samsung_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_mIXOUaT
First Poster
Options

Have you tried the Samsung DeX home?

0 Likes
Elena Moc
Journeyman
Options

nope! I'll have a look to see what's about.

0 Likes
Lance Navy Guy
First Poster
Options

There is no "App Icon Badges" option where all the examples show it should be.

Do I need to download something to make that option appear?

0 Likes