Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes after one ui 4 update

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 12:08 AM)
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Apps that worked before updating now crash before even opening ! can't open links in Facebook app you click on a link and nothing happens seems really rushed and buggy hope samsung sort it out quickly.
45 REPLIES 45
Members_aqzCRdz
First Poster
Options

Ok with last update !

0 Likes
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Yes seems to be ok now and previous apps that weren't working are now but shouldn't of been so bad in the first place I'm seriously considering moving to ios after this !
0 Likes
rakeem
Apprentice
Options

Having the same stupid situation on my OneUI4 updated S21 Ultra.
Many apps crashes right after launching, which includes Outlook and Viber.
Facebook does not crash, but cannot open any links.

I had a Flip 3 lying around to escape this mess, so immediately moved my SIM and data for the time being. I have tried below, but nothing did the fix so far.  

• Wipe Cache Partition
  • Optimized the apps using Galaxy App Booster

I assume the only last way to fix is the hard reset, which I may try later tonight as the Flip 3 is a nightmare when it comes to battery.

ZangW
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this suggestion! It works perfectly for now! 

0 Likes
rakeem
Apprentice
Options

Good for you!

Mine didn't get fixed on the above, but glad that it works for others.

For me, I did the factory reset and it did have everything solve so far.  But only been using it for few hours.  I would come back if I encounter anything new.

Good luck to all of the others who are suffering!

SuicideSquad
Apprentice
Options

For me it was ok one or two hours after the update, after that starts to crushing again. So the issue is still present.

0 Likes
jirzem
Pioneer
Options

I am having the very same issues. Booted into recovery, cleared cache and repaired apps without success. Received an updated yesterday and was hoping its going to adress all the issues - nothing. This is supposed to be flag ship phone, currently, what's tleft is flag ship price and useless phone. I wish a revert to previous Android version was possible. Shame on Samsung.

davepb
Navigator
Options

My partner is having the same issue with her S21. She upgraded straight from Amdroid 11 to Android 12. 

Her Facebook, Messenger and a few other apps are constantly crashing in the background. Plus opening links in Facebook causes a crash. 

I have the S21 Ultra, and participated in the beta program, and have none of the issues she has.

So far there appears to be no fix (tried all suggestions) and I refuse to believe that a factory reset is the only option.

Samsung are keeping very quiet on this one and when they do speak up,  are trying to pin the blame on the app developers. (This maybe true, who knows)

She's well a annoyed I told her to upgrade 🙄

0 Likes
Vishalkrao
Journeyman
Options

Got the latest update, wipes partition cache, repaired apps, wiped indivdual app caches

0 Likes
Vishalkrao
Journeyman
Options

Got the latest software update 2 days ago(after the OneUI4 update which i got 2 weeks ago) , wiped partition cache, optimised apps (recovery menu), cleaned individual app caches, reinstalled the app, restarted phone.... But still no links in facebook work, it keeps crashing. Other apps such as Upday and LittleElf not even opening, keep crashing. Cant believe this is happening with with £1300 phone...Absolutely ridiculous. No response Samsung except a statement that "next update will fix the issue", but guess what, it Did Not!!!! Apple thinking "I told you so, you should have gone with Apple".