Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes after one ui 4 update

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 05:00 PM)
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Apps that worked before updating now crash before even opening ! can't open links in Facebook app you click on a link and nothing happens seems really rushed and buggy hope samsung sort it out quickly.
45 REPLIES 45
Vishalkrao
Journeyman
Options

I totally understand your frustration, had been going thru the same emotions all of Dec. I'm in the UK so if you are in the same country you should have also received the update. Try checking for updates thru the Samsung Switch on pc/laptop. 

Lorddiamondhand
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I'm in the USA. Haven't gotten anything yet from my phone software update.. hopefully within another day. If not, I'll try the pc

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lorddiamondhand 

It depends on whether your phone is carrier locked or unlocked and which carrier you are with.

Verizon locked has rolled out the latest BULC bugfix update with the December Android Security patch whilst some of the unlocked S21 devices have received an old November update, BUKK, with the December Android Security patch slapped on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
D1p2t3k5
First Poster
Options

Just updated to one ui 4 couple days ago because it just popped out. Horrible update. Every app is crashing. Some of them are unusable. And this supposed to be the stable version. My phone is a72. It was working very well and no problem with one ui 3.1 . I hate you samsung.

0 Likes
fachritwin
First Poster
Options

this is definitely not a stable update, but a beta update. please samsung fix it soon

Galaxy S10e
0 Likes
jodad
First Poster
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I followed the recovery procedure posted online but I still get no response from the phone other that a one second "Samsung" flash screen. I tried to make an appointment at my local authorized repair station but after filling in all the information requested , I discovered that my only option was to mail the phone. I called the phone number listed from another customers online complaint (1-800-726-7864) and received a two minute recorded insurance sales pitch (with no choice to opt out). Then, a recording said the number I needed had been changed to 1-800-712-9200. After being forced to listen again to the same long sales pitch, I was told that the number I needed had been changed to 1-800-712-6600. After another sales pitch, I was told that the number I needed had been changed to 1-800-712-6600 (the same number that I just dialed)!! Please give me a phone number that works so that I can make an appointment to submit my phone to a repair station in person.

0 Likes