Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes after one ui 4 update

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 09:45 AM)
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Apps that worked before updating now crash before even opening ! can't open links in Facebook app you click on a link and nothing happens seems really rushed and buggy hope samsung sort it out quickly.
45 REPLIES 45
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Yes Facebook still crashes even after update this is the worst ever update on Samsungs part I've made up my mind I'm moving to apple in January when I can upgrade and will sell this rubbish phone with all its issues way to go samsung you will lose so many customers
PenKake
First Poster
Options

I had the same problems too. I got paranoid to the point that i thought my facebook was compromised and resorted to lotsa knee jerk actions that got my account locked out. Wasted my whole day troubleshooting. My upgraded build is SP1A.210812.016.G9998BXXU3BUK8.  Hope Samsung can test thoroughly with at least the popular apps before releasing updates.

0 Likes
SuicideSquad
Apprentice
Options

Seams it is not related to Samsung, it is related to these apps. For exampe Viber is aware of the issue. Seems it is related to the ads on the new Android. When they try to load ads, Viber starts crashing. 

Screenshot_20211209-022331_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
bijelic
First Poster
Options

The same for me. Last update has not solved anything. Viber keeps crashing, Facebook links are not opening. For S21 Ultra this is ridiculous 

Members_fqg6FeC
First Poster
Options

Still not fix over a month. I will switch 100% to iPhone and never come back 

Lorddiamondhand
Apprentice
Options

Only solution to get fb working and connecting to other apps is use FB lite. Completely delete the regular FB. Then install FB lite and messenger lite. I was dealing with this for 2 months since the new Android update. My entire phone has been buggy and apps crash immediately after I open them including my banking. About ready to call it quits with Samsung as I've been with them for many many years

Supraman
Apprentice
Options

I received the newest One UI update today and Facebook is working as it should now. Opening links appears to be fixed!

Vishalkrao
Journeyman
Options

I too received the new software update (3rd one since the first OneUI4 update) today and finally all sapp issues are now fixed. Took them a month to fix but atleast its stable now. 

Lorddiamondhand
Apprentice
Options

Ever since they pushed me to android 12 in November, I had 1 update on December 1st... That didn't fix anything. From my understanding you are on the 2nd update and most or a lot of things are now fixed including Facebook?

0 Likes
Lorddiamondhand
Apprentice
Options

I see people are receiving 3rd update... I still haven't received mine yet. I'm about to throw this phone over a bridge since nothing works without crashing

0 Likes