Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes after one ui 4 update

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 01:58 PM)
StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Apps that worked before updating now crash before even opening ! can't open links in Facebook app you click on a link and nothing happens seems really rushed and buggy hope samsung sort it out quickly.
45 REPLIES 45
DanielMatei
Explorer
Options

App business suite from facebook is flickering display and not opening afet update one ui 4.

Please fix it

0 Likes
Supraman
Apprentice
Options

I have this same problem right now. Facebook app crashes when I click on a link within the app. Or does nothing at all. This is after I update to One UI 4 Upgrade (Android 12).

So far nothing suggested fixed it.

Things I've done:

Remove and reinstall Facebook twice.

Clear the partition cache.

clear app cache and clear the app data.

Removed and reinstalled Android Web view.

Reboot multiple times.

Tried settings a different web browser as default browser.

Made sure All apps are up to date, yes that means Facebook too.

So far not luck...

StuartMay86
Explorer
Options
Sounds about right all the same problems I'm having it's a really buggy update even having issues with apps crashing that I haven't even opened just get notifications at the bottom of the screen BBC new app crashes a few times before opening I can't clear cache partition as I don't have access to a computer hopefully samsung fix it soon 🤞
0 Likes
Supraman
Apprentice
Options

For now In order for me to open links in facebook, I set the app to open media with an alternate browser.  This is a temp solution until a fix is found.

HOW TO CHANGE LINK TO OPEN IN A ALTERNATE BROSWER

OPEN the Facebook app

settings & Privacy > settings & Privacy > Settings > Media > Check the box "LINKS open Externally"

Doing this allow the links to open in a 3rd part browser instead of Facebook but at least it works.

Members_c46feVK
First Poster
Options

Same here.  I sussed fb if you go to the setting on it you can tell it to open links in a new window, literally the only bit I have got working everything else crashes constantly. Fed up and fd off now 

Vishalkrao
Journeyman
Options

What an absolute car crash of an update. The release notes should have mentioned the thousands of bugs that were unresolved. How can Samsung push out such a ridiculous update to its top of the phone. Numerous apps such as Facebook, BBC, upday and many other Pps crashing during launch or during usage 

RDTuin
Journeyman
Options

I was so happy when i saw the update was ready for me but i am so frustrated now. Apps keep crashing, that where working fine before. I can not click on some links or buttons, like the links in facebook.

I have i high end phone i do not expect this heavy kind of bugs! I want a rollback untill it is fixed..

SuicideSquad
Apprentice
Options

The same here, after update Viber is crashing all the time, done clear cache, clear partition cache, removing and installing again, no luck. Disabling network prevents crashes, but it prevents apps to go online as well. After you are back online, the app again starts to crash. I have S21+.

Dusan Maksimovic
First Poster
Options

I can not open viber, whatsap and its getting worse

Members_aqzCRdz
First Poster
Options

App blink crash after ui4 ... 

Screenshot_20211201-165551_Device care.jpg

0 Likes