Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had claim refused for Ear Buds Live promotion?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 08:23 PM)
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options

I bought my S21 through e2save (a reseller) a couple of weeks or so ago, they were participating in the Ear Buds Live promotion.

However once I'd got the phone I attempted to register my claim via Samsung's website but found that  e2save weren't on the approved retailer list. Knowing that they were part of the Dixon Carphone group I chose Carphone Warehouse as they were on the list, attached my e2save invoice and submitted my claim.

A few days later they sent a vague email to say that they needed some additional information, without saying exactly what it was they wanted. Suspecting it was because my e2save invoice wasn't actually Carphone Warehouse I got in touch with e2save who sent me a proof of purchase on a Dixon Carphone letterhead and explained the situation hoping that would be sufficient for Samsung to honour my claim.

Wrong! I had another email yesterday saying my claim had been refused as e2save weren't an approved retailer, much to my disgust.

Having got back in touch with e2save they showed me that they were on the approved list for the promotion last month for the ear buds & smart tag but for reasons unknown to them they've been removed from this current promotion. So now I'm in limbo while waiting for Samsung to hopefully get in touch again as e2save say they resubmitted my claim with them directly, so we'll see how that goes.

Has anybody else had similar issues with their claim? Why do Samsung make it so hard to claim these promotions, why don't they just put the ear buds in the phone box?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Freeley34: Sorry to hear of your disappointment, and for any confusion surrounding the participating retailers in this promotion. I have double checked for you, and e2save are not listed as a participating retailer, and it is unlikely that the Promotions Team will accept proof of purchase from Dixon Carphone Group if they are an umbrella company. For further clarification, please check the link below to find the full terms and conditions.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys21buds/en-GB/terms

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply Andrew, bit of a delayed response but having been back in touch with e2save they're saying that Samsung removed them from the promotion list by mistake and have now added them back on (even though the promotion has now finished).

They've also said that they have resubmitted my claim to Samsung on my behalf and that I should hear from them in due course. I won't hold my breath.

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options

Good news, Samsung have emailed to confirm that they put e2save back on the approved retailers list and that my claim has now been accepted.

So if there is anyone else on here who have had similar problems with an e2save claim I suggest they get back in touch with Samsung.

0 Likes
Hutchie
Journeyman
Options
Hi I'm new to this, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Basically i ordered the S21 5g on the 23rd November over the phone.. they didn't have stock so i waited anxiously. But the phone arrived yesterday the 1st October. But on the invoice it said"dispatched on the 30th....I previously chatted to agents on website and was told because it's purchased on the 23rd I have 60 day's ti claim my bud's And tag. I've not opened my s21 yet. I like taking my time And need help with" tech" My brother will visit during next week, he could set it up. But i have this Old Galaxy S8 which I'm so used to And i w want to submit my claim with this phone" from the links sent from agent. I can Take picture of the information delivery sheet as that's all the proof i got. But it's got all The information asked for. Date of dispatch Price ect. Can i send it all tonight from this phone instead of having to set up the s21 swap sim cards ect (total pain in the neck.) It doesn't say in terms and conditions that it has to be from The New device... I Just want everything together b4 getting my S21 set up. (I have O. C. D) badly sorry for the long r rant in probably the wrong conversation 😳😳
Take Care
Kindest Regards
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey Hey @Hutchie 

You don't have to make the claim from your new phone! You just need to submit the receipt which needs the following four pieces of information: date of purchase, price, model name, retailer name/logo. Alongside this, you'll need to submit a few more details but none of these require opening your phone or setting it up. The IMEI can be found on the packaging box. 

You can claim right now if you'd like: https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/s21gift/en-GB/claim/get-started

Hutchie
Journeyman
Options
@Kholal
So there is some nice ppl in this world 😂 thanks so much I'm a terrible worrier kholal.! When I Saw how flat The box was i didn't even open it i
Though i had wrong model. This is the first time ever I've bought a mobile without a charger lol lucky I've got my S8 but i still think it's a bad move. What about the people (numbers are growing) who are jumping ship from apple 🍏 they won't have a charger that will work ( not fast anyway) Maybe I'm wrong as I'm team Samsung. Thanks again. Take Care
Kevin
Steph H
First Poster
Options

I have just received an email to say my claim had been refused for the Galaxy Watch, bought the new Flip phone only last month and the promotion ran from September until November. Not quite sure who deals with claims, but it seems like Samsung use a lottery as to  who is eligible and who isn't. 

I sent all information required within the time frame! 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Steph H: Did the Promotions Team specify why your claim was refused? Typically it would be due to the following: 1) Invalid proof of purchase 2) Your Galaxy Z Flip 3 wasn't purchased from a participating retailer 3) The phone was not purchased inside the promotional window (17.09.2021 - 02.11.2021).

0 Likes