Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody got experience with Samsung repairs for the s21U

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 01:41 PM)
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Have to book a repair for my s21 Ultra.

To be honest I would just prefer a same day replacement like apple does on faulty phones. But alas Samsung for some reason can't do that.

My s21 ultra has started playing up with my signal. I keep looking signal for hours at a time and my phone starts bugging out and gets remarkably hot.

(Phone looses signal and starts turning flight mode on and off by itself. Phone reports unknown SIM 2 in SIM manage shows on and off even without a SIM 2, does this too with an eSIM I had to install for troubleshooting but with SIM 1) 

I loose signal on my bus journey to work for 90% of the duration of my hour journey. Comes back on and off for a minute or 10 seconds.

Recently I found out it's the 4g/5g signalt that makes my phone glitch out and loose signal if the phone stoobs bugging out for a couple of minutes I can sometimes turn on 2g only or 3g mode which does stop it from loosing signal but at then I'm running on a 3g network.

Went to the EE shop (my carrier) in a shopping centre I had no signal throught the area in and outside the shopping centre, did some troubleshooting no avail however, she did place my SIM on a work phone at the shop and got full 5g signal. 

At this rate I managed to book an appointment with Samsung Oxford Street after an hour of wait time, got there told me they didn't have the parts and that they were going to replace the SIM card tray which they thought was the issue.

But after that I managed to find out that even with only an eSIM issues persist.

They didn't have the parts and told me that it may take a week to get it sorted..

I don't have a replacement phone and I didn't want to be out of my phone for that long.

In the end managed to book an pick up repair. And wonder if anybody had any experience with repairs in the UK.

TLDR;

no signal issues, booked repair in the end asking for experience with repairs program offered by Samsung.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @_Jonno 

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your Samsung phone  😒

When I had an issue with one of my phone's my Samsung Experience Store and a Samsung Service Centre managed to resolve this in a couple of days.

Repair times can depend in availability of parts and engineers time due to any work load in front of your repair.

If a phone has been owned for less than 30 days then Samsung replace it.

After 28 days they would insist on a repair under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty.

I appreciate you don't own a back up phone.

Would it be an avenue to ask family,  friends or work colleagues if they have a spare phone sat in a drawer that will accept your network sim card you could borrow until yours has been fixed ?

Samsung also offer a Doorstep Repair for eligible phone's.

samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Yeah Samsung support is absolute shite mate the amount of hours I wasted calling them up to get my first s21u replaced cuz battery was atrocious.

They did give me compensation in the end for the time just had to be persistent to talk to a manager who fixed my issues in two seconds.

The actual Samsung shop people are incompetent I bet they put you on hold for hours while they sit and gossip.
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I had my battery be 45 the Samsung employee at the experience store in Oxford Street told me that unless it reaches 50 is no problem 💀💀

Currently borrowing a friend's S20 5g and the batter is on par if not slightly better than my s21Ultra

Mind you it's a less efficient chip and considerably smaller battery.
The s21 ultra is a joke.
0 Likes
SupremeUK
Student
Options

Samsung repair service is absolutely abysmal.  My phone screen cracked (totally my fault), sent it in for repairs on the 9th August for new screen (not under warranty).  I have had to continually follow up with them, and every time I do follow up, I am told "We've ordered parts".   

Samsung have had my phone now for 21 days and no end of resolution in sight.  I have asked them to send me my broken phone back (it still works, just a cracked screen), and I'd prefer having a cracked screen phone compared to not having a phone, which they seem to be happy telling me I should just suck it up.

I escalated the matter to the manager, the manager was supposed to phone me on Saturday at the agreed time, which they did not, they decided to phone me on Sunday.  The manager advised that she would get resolution within 48 hours and email me.  Again, this did not happen, and I had to go to support again today, and they say "we are awaiting parts".

Absolutely disgraceful service from Samsung, for a premium S21 Ultra phone.  What's the point of paying premium if you get shoddy after care service.

Stay away from Samsung Repair service is the only advice I can give you based on my experience with them.

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
You should absolutely fight your way for a free repair it's unbelievably unacceptable for them to hold your device for this long without a resolution.

If anything I would fight for a refund on the device due to the service they provide.

Did you do a courier pick up? Or Samsung store..
0 Likes
SupremeUK
Student
Options

I preordered the Ultra back from the Samsung Website back in January 2021.

0 Likes
Members_SlwTnf0
First Poster
Options

I'm having same problem my display went faulty arranged dpd pick up samsung had phone since 17th August and whenever I call they are waiting for parts to repair it,Samsung eco system in my house now I'm loosening faith in samsung, I know how you feel,samsung should be ashamed of themselves, s21 ultra supposed to be premium phone but they have no parts to repair them,They are a joke.

0 Likes