Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Refund Horror Story with Samsung

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 09:59 AM)
Boeing100
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

I've decided to return my  S21 Ultra due to the abysmal battery performance it was giving me. 3 Weeks later, Samsung have yet to refund me and every time i call them all i get is that they are sending an urgent email to their logistics team. They acknowledge that they've received everything back they just haven't processed the refund.

Does anyone have any advice on getting things moving along based on their own experience? any particular phone number or email address that might work best?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry to hear that. Did you buy and receive directly from Samsung or through a carrier ?

Hope you get your refund soon.  I expect that any return needs to go through a full inspection process back at Samsung... I don't think this is unreasonable, and the same as any other manufacturer that receives "used" item returns.   It is also likely this same process will have to be carried out with your buds etc... which you likely opened and used, or at least tried.  

To be honest, they are likely still dealing with cases of shipping new products...some people are still waiting S21 ultra in bespoke colours etc... as well as receiving back some handsets from those users that were unwilling to wait for a few updates, and were very quick off the mark to send back their handsets after only a week of usage from new.   If you have already been waiting a refund for 3 weeks already then it is clear this was sent back within only week 1 of receiving a pre-ordered delivery.  

For info, the battery has improved massively over the past few updates, and continues to improve.   I think most users that have stuck by Samsung with their S21 ultra's do not have too many complaints now.  Software tweaks and improvements have made this a great handset.  

Hope you get your return resolved soon.

Smiley. 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest samsung is just completely snow under at the moment, I'm still waiting for them to inspect my traded in tablet which was sent 3 weeks ago, also when I sent a oneplus phone back to amazon that took 4 weeks to get my money back, everyone is just in the thick of it at the moment, you will get your refund it will just take a while, I know its not fair but unfortunately that's the way it is and like smiley said they have to inspect it.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
the only way is to contact your bank, they can run a forced refund inquiry or return with evidence at hand.

depends on how you paid.

you mentioned you have proof of the return and everything is in order from Samsung's side, but it also depends on the expectations Samsung have laid out, have they mentioned up to X amount of days or anything like that?

some retailers sadly run a 'up to 30 days' policy
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I think payment method may have a role in how long refunds are processed. Mine was with paypal credit and my refund took 5 days after they collected the handset and gifts.
0 Likes
Boeing100
Journeyman
Options

thank you all for your responses so far. I paid with a Barclays debit card directly on the Samsung Online Store.

If you call them you do get an automated message saying refunds/returns can now take up to 10 days to process because of COVID but sadly it's been just about 3 weeks for me.

I am just about short to calling my bank and asking for a chargeback (which i thought only existed for credit cards but also seems to exist on VISA debit cards). 

The whole process at Samsung just seems to be completely abysmal and not returning over £1000 of funds to people for this long is not acceptable. 

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
only way to get this sorted is to ask to speak to a team manager and they will get your thing sorted straight away, the normal costumer service team will just fck you around and round and will keep telling you they're sorting out and wait 24-48 hours after you hopefully take you through and sorted ask for compensation they'll give you a decent chunk I got 50 quid to spend on their shop.

I managed to get a replacement battery life is miles better.

there's no excuse for their abysmal service I had an issue with my MacBook and apple fixed it and everything in less than a week quick friendly efficient just a joy to work with them.

Samsung should take notes if they want to compete with apple
0 Likes
LewisP93
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hijack but it is related. You mention to speak to a team manager but I've had no success getting the phone operators to pass me anywhere. Is there a specific way to get them to pass the call on?

I'm awaiting an exchange for a faulty S21 and they've confirmed they received it but can't see why a new one wasn't posted and just keep saying they'll email logistics like the OP. 

I'm on the Upgrade Programme too so still paying and have no faith this will be solved soon. 

Many thanks.

0 Likes
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
mate, I have received mine after fighting over the phone.
Ask for this like in the picture. I accepted the Silver as the black is not in stock.

Screenshot_20210305-124658_Gmail.jpg

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
persistence I had been on a call for three hours total by the end of the call got everything sorted I think you have to mention the words team manager and they'll probably tell you they're busy or they're not available just keep telling them they're not being helpful explain to them how long you have been trying to get this sorted and stress that you need to speak to a team manager they will make you wait and wait I've been cut off a couple times because they gave up on me. if they out you on hold keep talking Every now and again so the system on their end doesn't cut you off.

I've you hopefully get through with a manager ask for compensation be persistent
0 Likes