Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying!

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 05:10 PM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
How do i stop this thing repeatedly popping up on my screen!? ... paid £1500 for this phone and I'm plagued by this Samsung designed pop up, along with the Secure Folder pop up that appears wanting my PIN every time i reboot!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have no idea what this is?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've seen this issue before, it's not new to me. Just not sure what the solution is. Are you using Samsung or Google messages? Do you use chat features?
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Its just a pop up that appears randomly on screen wanting your phone number but even if you enter it the pop up reappears asking for your phone number again, more so after a reboot... been going on for months
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
I don't use either nor the chat features. Its been an issue for months, as has the secure folder pop up which appeared after an update
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
So which messaging app do you use.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
For secure folder try clearing the cache in settings - apps - secure folder - storage. Clear cache. Also you could try wiping phones cache partition.
illEez
Voyager
Options
Tried all that and more, nothing gets rid of it, but thanks for the suggestions
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I know it's probably something you don't want to do. Have you thought of a factory reset?
illEez
Voyager
Options
I'll definitely stop short of that... you'd think Samsung could easily remove it; i contacted them about this a long time ago but nothing was done