Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying spanish flag

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 06:46 PM)
Members_gtJB3YB
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211209-183644_Messages.jpg

 I went to tenerife about 3 months ago then when I returned home to the UK I updated my phone . Now I keep getting the spanish flag and a message saying international call on my texts from UK business eg utility bills screwfix argos . So every company text I get UK based comes with a spanish flag.  I have tried force stop and clear cache on the message app but to no avail.  Its really annoying any help would be much appreciated thanks

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try going settings
Apps
And see if helps
0 Likes
Members_gtJB3YB
Apprentice
Options

Hi thanks but I have tried that as I said in the post and it didn't resolve the problem 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi mate, i may be able to help you with this but i will need you to check your account settings page in relation to premium/International calls etc first
0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
You probably have saved this phone number on your device. Remove the photo and done!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_gtJB3YB: Try powering off your phone, remove the SIM and give the gold contacts a rub with a clean, dry, lint free cloth. Put the SIM back in and power back on, then check to see if the flags are still present. If they are, head to Settings > Location > App Permissions, and make sure that the Messages app is Allowed, either all the time, or only while in use. Go back > Improve Accuracy, and toggle on Wi-Fi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning > Back > Google Location Accuracy > On. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Member_Alex_T
Student
Options

I'm having exactly the same issue since I went to Lanzarote at start of December, really annoying. My hubby has s21 too and his is fine so I'm going to try the sim check as nothing else worked. Otherwise it'll be a case of Checking every setting with him to see whats different. 

0 Likes
Member_Alex_T
Student
Options

I've just followed this guidance from another post and it's now gone with clearing the data too. I also have two messages apps on my phone so did it on both.

I went to the app settings and force the app to stop, then I cleared the cache and the data. Once i opened the app again, the greatest flag of all times (Spanish), disappeared

0 Likes
Members_gtJB3YB
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211220-205503_Settings.jpg

0 Likes