Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Auto not connecting with S21

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 07:34 AM)
Ali9191
Student
Options

Cant get my new Samsung S21 to connect to Android Auto, tried different cables but still not working... any ideas??

47 REPLIES 47
Solution
Jan Kostalek
Student
Options

I had the same issue. Switched from a P30 pro which worked fine on my Skoda Octavia AA... but my S21 Ultra didnt recognized the cable connection.

Got all cables from my home - about 15. TEsted all of them. and only 2 worked. And the first one did disconnect about 3 minutes after the connection... the other works fine...  At least worked for a 20 min ride to my office....

0 Likes
greenhornet
First Poster
Options

Seems like there may be more than one reason for this problem based on the different responses. In my case it was not the phone but the car. I own a 2020 HondaCRV. I tried some of the suggested solution here but they did not work. I went into settings in the car selected the one relating to phones and saw the new S21 there labeled Disabled. Enabled the phone and it all worked. I don't recall when we purchased the car needing to go through this step. At the time the phone was a Note 8.

0 Likes
overlycomplicat
Journeyman
Options

I'm going through exactly the same process. I'm at the same stage as you.

0 Likes
Barbara21
Journeyman
Options

Tried everything including clearing cache... NOTHING works to stay connected to Android auto

Mac57
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the same problem for over 6 months.  Samsung knows they have a problem and have promised a fix three times,  July, September, and October.  Still not fixed.  I'm considering asking for my money back.  Also, I filed a complaint with the BBB.  Samsung has not replied to that either.

overlycomplicat
Journeyman
Options

What is the BBB?

0 Likes
Mac57
Apprentice
Options

Better Business Bureau in the US.

overlycomplicat
Journeyman
Options
If you can find your way to the US version of this forum there's actually Samsung people there who might help you.
0 Likes
Barbara21
Journeyman
Options

Better business bureau BBB

0 Likes
Members_PnymhJE
Student
Options

I have also issues with Android Auto on a Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB.. It seems to work fine. I have the connection. Buit when making calls I don't hear the line on the other site. They hear me but I don't hear them. After rebooting the phone the first call is without problems. Then in 9 of the 10 attempt is doesn't work. When it works there is a big chance that I get the same problems during the call The problem occurs during wired and wireless  attemps.

0 Likes