Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Auto not connecting with S21

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 02:31 PM)
Ali9191
Student
Options

Cant get my new Samsung S21 to connect to Android Auto, tried different cables but still not working... any ideas??

47 REPLIES 47
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing cache of the Android Auto app. That should work 😀
Ali9191
Student
Options
Thanks will try that 👍
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! Can you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select 'accept solution'? Thanks! 😀
0 Likes
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Solution
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
I have issues with my S20. I get it to work once I've connected it via Bluetooth and then the cable by sending myself a text message from the phone. Sounds strange, but works for me. Can't find out why, but works 95% of the time
0 Likes
Ross Julian
Journeyman
Options

No funciona, ya lo intente.

Ross Julian
Journeyman
Options

Hola, tengo el mismo problema con mi S21 standar; mi carro es un T-Cross (volkswagen) del 2019. Con el S9 no tenía problemas, e incluso lo he vuelto a probar y no muestra problemas con este equipo, pero lamentablemente lo he regalado y ya no puedo usarlo. Con el S21 standar no puedo estar conectada más de 3 minutos seguidos. Probé 2 cables Samsung original (del S7 que conecta y desconecta el app, y del S9 que ni lo reconoce) y nada, además probé un cable T-Phox Flash serie 2 (USB 3.0) y ni lo reconoce,  pero con los 3 cables carga la bateria. Borre el cache del Android Auto y nada, también puse el celular  en modo programador y nada. Llevé el celular al servicio técnico, lo revisaron y dijeron que estaba todo ok. Por favor ayúdeme a solucionar este problema

whooti-banga-ba
Pioneer
Options

******* Please set the topic to NOT SOLVED ******* 

I can't connect my swiss S21 Ultra 5 G to Android Auto using a SEAT Alhambra Bulit 2020. I've tried many cables, including all original Samsung USB cables from different Samsung phones. Then I have uninstalled all apps: Android Auto, Android Auto for Smartphones, Goolge Assistant, Google Maps. Then reinstalled all of them. Cache clearing didn't help either. Even a total factory reset of the phone didn't help any.  Also I got he latest Android Version plus I had my SEAT dealer to update the car radios software. Still no connection. The phone gets charged, but no Android Auto!  Really bad, Samsung!

Google's Android Auto Team says:

Thanks for contacting the Android Auto support team. Please try the troubleshooting steps below and let us know if the issue persists.

1. Go through the troubleshooting guides at My Android Auto app isn't working and Can’t connect or stay connected - How to diagnose/address the issue.
  2. Try removing the connected cars from the Android Auto Settings page. If you no longer see the Android Auto icon on your phone, please check this Help Center article for more information. You can also go to the Play Store and download Android Auto for Phone Screens, which is only available on Android 10 devices.
    1. Open Android Auto app > tap the left menu and go to Settings > Connected Cars > top right three-dot menu > Forget all cars > Tap Ok.
    2. Connect to your car display and re-enable Android Auto on your car.
  3. Please make sure to disable all battery power saving mode for the Android Auto app. 
    1. Phone Settings > Tap Battery > Adaptive Battery > Turn off Adaptive Battery.
    2. Phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization > Tap the "Not optimized" dropdown menu > Select All Apps > Android Auto > Select Don't Optimize.
  4. Try restarting the phone device.

Thanks, The Android Auto team

Did all of the above, still doesn't work. 

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps. Could you follow the steps below and let us know the results.

1. Try testing the connection on your phone with a different car that supports Android Auto, if possible.
  2. Try a different phone in your car.
  3. Factory resetting the head unit of the car. You can find this information on your head unit/car owner’s manual

Note: Could you please also confirm if you're able to transfer files to/from your PC with the phone.

Thanks, The Android Auto team

1. done, doesn't work

2. works

3. done, doesn't help

...still doesn't work. 

asafki
First Poster
Options

So, did you get it working somehow? I've tried many things. Only thing is that I'm waiting for the September update from Samsung that might solve it. 

0 Likes